Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Extra Washer in TX?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 10:49 AM
rc-mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extra Washer in TX?

Hello Futaba,

First off, let me say that I have owned several of your radios and never had any major problems until this one. I currently have an 8UAF and have had it for a couple of years. A couple of months ago I was flying my Raptor 50 and lost control and it went in. It was a FM receiver and the heli started gyrating wildly until it nosed over and hit the ground. I couldn't find any real reason for the crash. Last weekend I was flying my Raptor 80 with a pcm receiver and the aileron quit working. I thought I had a linkage come off or a servo problem. A few seconds later the elevator went also. I knew I had a problem then since all I had was throttle/collective and tail rotor! I tried to get it down for a few minutes until somehow the right stick kicked back in and the heli jerked back and had a boomstrike in mid air. The heli is an almost total loss and the engine has a broken piston.

After I got home from the field, I noticed my TX had something rattling inside. I took the cover off and there was a washer floating around. It is about 5mm ID and 10mm OD. It has some of the blue glue stuff on it that is used inside the TX. I can't find anywhere that it goes or any other washers that look like it inside. Could it have accidentally fallen in during assembly? I am thinking that it got against something and shorted it out causing the control problems. I have attached a picture of the washer with the blue glue on it.

Thank You,
Michael
Attached Images  
Old 12-04-2003, 10:32 AM
Krysta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extra Washer in TX?

Hi rc-mike,

There are a couple of washers inside the 8U, but they are on the underside of the switches, these would never come loose inside the transmitter unless a switch has broken.
The washer in the picture does not look like anything that would have come from our factory.
If you would like to send the radio in, we will be happy to check it out for you to make see what type of damage this may have caused internally.

If you purchased this second hand, you may want to check with the last owner to see if they have any idea of what this washer may be.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Also you may want to check our Website at (http://www.futaba-rc.com)