Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Transposed channels on T6XA?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 10:56 PM
tiggerinmk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Transposed channels on T6XA?

I just bought a T6XAS system from my LHS just over a week ago. The owner was closing down the store as he had just got a new job in another state, so all of his stock was discounted. This radio was on the shelf which included everything except the receiver. So we negotiated a deal minus the price of the receiver.
I have now received two R127DF receivers which I purchased from separate sellers on ebay, so this evening I was finally able to test the radio.

Everything appeared to be working fine until I checked the channel assignment. Channel 2 on the receiver is operated by the throttle stick and channel 3 on the receiver is operated by the elevator stick. I tried this with both receivers several times to be sure, so the problem must be in the transmitter.

I confirmed this by setting up the dual rates on channels 1 & 2. Sure enough channel 1 worked ok, and channel 2 affected the throttle servo.

From this I can conclude that maybe the gimbals are just connected wrong somewhere. Is there an easy way to correct this or will I need to send the radio in?
Old 01-13-2004, 11:50 PM
TimC

Default RE: Transposed channels on T6XA?

Tony, I just checked the manual, and it sounds like you're on the wrong mode. You should be on mode 2, not mode 1. Turn on the tx while holding the two mode buttons down. The display will be STCK 1 if it's wrong. Press + or - to change the #. Turn off the tx and when you turn it back on, it should be correct.
I gave you this info in case you don't have a manual. Hope this helps.
My apologies for posting in this forum. In the mix of threads from my favorite forums, I failed to notice this was in the Futaba support.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:22 AM
tiggerinmk

Default RE: Transposed channels on T6XA?

Thanks, that worked!

Interesting feature, none of my JR's do that. I've found it in the manual now, it didn't occur to me that the radio could change Tx modes....