Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

R-149DP reciever

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 10:34 PM
TheRickster
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default R-149DP reciever

How can a person tell if a reciever to be purchased is "grey Market" or legitimate USA issue? I have found a reciever in question for sale at a "Nice" price but am leery of the warranty ramifications if purchased for use with my "legit" purchased 9CAPS system... Any insight on this?

Rick
Old 12-29-2004, 03:33 PM
Krysta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R-149DP reciever

Hi Rick,

The easiest way to find out anything like this would be to give our Support techs a call, give them the name of the dealer who is selling this and they can look him up in our data base to see if they are an authorized Dealer of ours.

We also only warranty Futaba products sold in the US and we do not warranty any "2nd party" owners, for example, we often get things in here from people who sold an "in warranty" item to another individual, claiming that they are getting a good deal as this item is "still under warranty". Unfortunately, we must then let the person who purchased the item know that the warranty is only valid to the original purchaser.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician