Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

QUESTIONS REGARDING 14MZ

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 01:41 PM
tobytorkn
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QUESTIONS REGARDING 14MZ

concerning the 14mz, i have looked at the website and the review article at flyrc. a couple of questions i have regarding this transmitter. when you record sound files (ex. imac unlimted sequence or freestyle music) must you go back to a computer to record these, or can you do it right at the transmitter? for example, for the imac pilot it would be inconvenient to require a computer or laptop to record these if you are at a contest 3 hours from your home. also, can you use a regular flash card with the system or must you buy a futaba brand flash card for music. thanks for the answers. toby silhavy....
Old 01-25-2005, 08:42 AM
tobytorkn

Default RE: QUESTIONS REGARDING 14MZ

any info? thanks, toby....
Old 01-28-2005, 11:21 AM
Krysta

ORIGINAL: tobytorkn

concerning the 14mz, i have looked at the website and the review article at flyrc. a couple of questions i have regarding this transmitter. when you record sound files (ex. imac unlimted sequence or freestyle music) must you go back to a computer to record these, or can you do it right at the transmitter? for example, for the imac pilot it would be inconvenient to require a computer or laptop to record these if you are at a contest 3 hours from your home. also, can you use a regular flash card with the system or must you buy a futaba brand flash card for music. thanks for the answers. toby silhavy....
Hi Toby,

To download music, you will need to make a WAV file and download it in your CF card, you can then download this into your transmitter through the CF card. To record voice files, you can do this directly into the transmitter.
Yes, you can use a 32MB Compact Flash card for your files.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Old 01-28-2005, 03:15 PM
tobytorkn

krysta, thanks for the reply. i've just ordered one of these through the lhs. could you record music to the system by simply playing the music and recording it like you would your own voice. for example, start music on stereo, place transmitter next to speaker and record. would this scenario be possible? again, thanks for the help. i know sound resolution wouldn't be as good, but a whole lot easier at the field. can't wait to see the radio. toby....
Old 01-29-2005, 07:18 PM
Plane Insane
My Feedback: (4)

Toby,
What is lhs and do they have them in stock or back ordered?
Thanks!
Old 01-29-2005, 07:35 PM
rusirius

ORIGINAL: Krysta
To download music, you will need to make a WAV file and download it in your CF card, you can then download this into your transmitter through the CF card. To record voice files, you can do this directly into the transmitter.
Yes, you can use a 32MB Compact Flash card for your files.
WAV format??? If you consider an average song at 3 minutes, a single song will be 26MB in standard WAV format... No MP3 support???
Old 01-30-2005, 09:22 AM
deweyd
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frisk
tobytorkn means hobby shop. we ordered our radios together so thats how I know that, but No they don't have them in stock, and they are backed ordered just like all of them. Hope they get here soon ..
Old 01-30-2005, 12:40 PM
locoworks

are you limited to a 32 meg compact flash card? i have CF cards upto 2 gig and a 1 gig microdrive for use in a camera, will the 14mz be able to use these??
Old 02-01-2005, 12:14 PM
Krysta

ORIGINAL: tobytorkn

krysta, thanks for the reply. i've just ordered one of these through the lhs. could you record music to the system by simply playing the music and recording it like you would your own voice. for example, start music on stereo, place transmitter next to speaker and record. would this scenario be possible? again, thanks for the help. i know sound resolution wouldn't be as good, but a whole lot easier at the field. can't wait to see the radio. toby....
Hi Toby,

No, you cannot do this. When you do a recording this is only for voice prompts set to a specific switch and the recording time in only 3 seconds. To download music, you will need to download this from your computer.

And "locoworks", as for the size of flash card, a 32Meg card will come with the transmitter, if another size will fit, I am not sure. I will try to find out for you, but as we do not have these yet, nor a manual, it may take me a few days to find out.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Old 03-07-2005, 11:35 PM
capjlp
My Feedback: (37)

I have tried a CF card from 64mb a 256mb a 1gig and a 4gig they all work fine.

However it does say not to use anything other than the 32mb Futaba card. So I don't recommened it do so at your own risk!

you can also play WMA files and you can set windows media player to different quality settings so that the files are smaller.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:35 AM
miltm
My Feedback: (3)

With all due respect, Krysta misspoke. Song files (or any sound file over 3 sec.) must be in WMA (Windows Media Audio) format which is a compressed file much like MP3.

--- Milt
Old 03-08-2005, 10:28 AM
mc3854
My Feedback: (6)

I am using a 128 meg card from Best Buy! I believe they all will work, just don't have Futabas stamp of approval!
Old 11-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Acrobat

You can use any flash card but you should format it first to FAT not FAT32. Right click on drive in ur computer and look for format option. Also let radio create folders and names on card dont cut n paste them in from ur computer for u may title them wrong. Dont be worried about using another card for there is a Toshiba card in it as default not a Futaba card. What the hell has a toshiba brand got to do with futaba nothin other than futaba got a good rate when buying cards i guess and also its trusted card quality wise but there are others out there. 32mb is far to small for music i bough a scan disk 2.0Gig works great..
Old 03-02-2008, 08:19 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Krysta

And "locoworks", as for the size of flash card, a 32Meg card will come with the transmitter, if another size will fit, I am not sure. I will try to find out for you, but as we do not have these yet, nor a manual, it may take me a few days to find out.

Sincerely,
Krysta

Krysta, did you ever find out the answer to the flash card size question?