Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Amcross

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 12:13 AM
DESERT RATT
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amcross

We finally got to putting the BUDDY BOX in use again, and this is what I found.
First I'm using a T6Xa for the MASTER and a SKYSPORT 4 (t4vf)for the slave, If it matters the "SLAVE" has been releived of it's crystal and battery.

First situation was After getting the PLANE ready to fly with the MASTER I pushed the trainer button and the engine died!? I could not remedy this condition with the THROTTLE TRIM, I had to PHYSICALLY go into the plane and with the trainer button depressed set the THROTTLE servo up so it would idle while in BUDDY BOX control, then go into the ATV on the MASTER and set it so I could idle the engine when the button wasn't depressed. Otherwise it was at a very fast pace. Then while checking the other control surface inputs I found the same thing, The AILERONS would move further when the BUDDY BOX has control, same with all of the inputs. This condition exist in low or high rates.
No big deal now that I have it figured out, but just wondering WHY??

THANKS,

DESERT RATT

RON WOODGEARD, PAHRUMP NEVADA
Old 09-19-2002, 12:24 AM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Default Amcross

Rat,
In the case of the 6X entry level computer radio, the master radio's programming is NOT used for the slave. Therefore, the slave has to be fully set up to fly the model. This is normal with nearly every trainer system on the market -- except 8U/9Cs functional trainer system which use the master's trims, ATVs, programming, etc. If the slave radio doesn't have ATV adjustments, as in your case, then the model has to be set up to match the master.

Hope this helps clarify things?
Old 09-19-2002, 12:41 AM
DESERT RATT
My Feedback: (7)

Default Amcross

ABSOLUTELY,,

Thanks,

That makes sence and now I'll look good telling it to the other guys!!! HEHEHEHE

THANK YOU ANN MARIE, I for one appreciate the time you take to help us lost souls of the radio land.

DESERT RATT, RON