Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

14MZ Flaps

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 11:50 AM
skydiver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14MZ Flaps

I'm trying to set up a model with two aileron/two flap, airplane type configuration. I'm using a three position switch to lower the flaps. For an unknown reason, one flap lowers more than the other at the second switch position and then both flaps are equal at the third position. I've tried to adjust the values in different screens with no effect.
Any help is appreciated
Old 06-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Krysta

Default RE: 14MZ Flaps

Hi Skydiver,

I am not sure how you set yours up, but this is what I did with mine.

In the function screen I assigned my first flap to Switch C, and left the second flap Null

Next in the Model Menu, I went into Flap Setting and made the Up value 0% and Down 100%, with the offset at 0%.

Then I went into Programmable Mixes and did one Offset mix to the first flap with switch C in the center position at 50%. Then I did a second Offset mix to the second flap again with switch C in the center positon at 50%.

Doing this give me the option in the mixes of changing the rate from 50% to whatever it needs to be to give me the exact movement I need from both flaps.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Old 06-28-2005, 07:30 PM
skydiver

Default RE: 14MZ Flaps

Thanks Krysta. The flaps are OK now