Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

I need a gimbal for an 8UAF

Old 10-23-2005, 11:03 PM
dbsonic
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a gimbal for an 8UAF

Hello Futaba Support,

After many years of using my Futaba 8UAF, one of the pins on the gimbal stick broke and so the aileron stick no longer stays centered(I can fly with it this way but mostly just to entertain the peanut gallery).

Does Futaba sell the gimbal(which I assume contains the entire dual axis assembly)? or better yet, do they sell just piece shown in the photo below? That way I can use the existing potentiometer.

Thanks,
Darren
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27122.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	343251  
Old 10-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Krysta

Default RE: I need a gimbal for an 8UAF

Hi Darren,

You can special order parts through your Great Planes authorized hobby dealer, the part and retail price is:

HSP73507 TFAT3550 STICK ASSY ST-37 (Ratchet) $19.95
HSP73508 T TFAT3551 STICK ASSY ST-37 (Spring) $19.95

This would be the assembly minus the pots.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician

ORIGINAL: dbsonic

Hello Futaba Support,

After many years of using my Futaba 8UAF, one of the pins on the gimbal stick broke and so the aileron stick no longer stays centered(I can fly with it this way but mostly just to entertain the peanut gallery).

Does Futaba sell the gimbal(which I assume contains the entire dual axis assembly)? or better yet, do they sell just piece shown in the photo below? That way I can use the existing potentiometer.

Thanks,
Darren
Old 10-25-2005, 02:44 PM
dbsonic

Krysta, great I'll do that. Thanks.

Old 11-17-2005, 01:04 PM
dbsonic

Krysta, I have tried to order the above parts from both Tower and my local Great Planes hobby dealer. Neither can get the parts and my local shop elaborated that these parts are discontinued, according to his Great Planes contacts. So, is there a likeness of the part that is used in the Super 8s (8UAFS)? I imagine the gimbal is pretty much the same. How about the 9C gimbal?

Darren