Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Training cord between 9-ZAP and..

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 01:41 AM
Varan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Training cord between 9-ZAP and..

Need some help again... I am trying to teach my friend to fly a glider... For that reason I want to use my Futaba 9-ZAP as trainer, and older Futaba 5-UAP as trainee.. However, I already tried two different cords for Futaba RC, unfortunately without part #.. None of them works... Plus to that, when I actuate the switch to give control to student's transmitter, the 9-ZAP has still control, regardless of mix programing... Is this normal? The 5-UAP is in PPM mode, and is OFF.. Exactly, as the manual for 9-ZAP instructed... Will appreciated any help... Varan
Old 11-06-2002, 03:08 AM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Varan,
Forgive me, I don't recall the 5U being able to switch to PPM mode? It's been a long time since i've used one, but please double check that it is.

They should work fine together, assuming the slave is in PPM, and you are using the standard futaba training cord. however, if you tried a non-compatible cord first, you likely damaged the trainer port board on either or both radios.
Old 11-06-2002, 03:43 AM
Varan

Default Training cord..

Thanks for reply... Both cords were Futaba cords, however, without the part number... The 5-T5UAP has three small dip switches under the plastic lid..With the one on the left, is possible to set Tx to PCM or PPM mode... And the system is still like new... Now.. is there any chance to get incompatible cords from Futaba? What puzzle me most, is the fact, that 9-ZAP does not recognize setting for "trainee" only..
Old 11-06-2002, 03:50 AM
amcross

Varan,
that tells me that the master doesn't see the student radio at all. Was the 5U turned off after the switch was changed from PCM to PPM (I am assuming so but just confirming).

Futaba brand cords that plug in will be compatible and work fine. Other brand cords may plug in but still not be compatible and may do damage.
Old 11-06-2002, 04:02 AM
Varan

Default Cord... again..

Yes, the FP-T5UAP stays OFF all that time... Somehow, I don't like the idea have both ON.. I came to same conclusion, the Master does not see the Slave...Nice lady in Tower Hobby told me, that I need cord for FM, part # 4410... But I hate the idea, order it, wait for it, and send it back, because it is not working... On the other side, the programing of the 9-ZAP is so simple, that there is no room for error on my side... i think... What is your suggestion?? If I may ask... thanks... again..
Old 11-06-2002, 11:38 PM
amcross

Varan, I would send the radio(s) for checkups, or, ideally try a different radio as the slave first.
Old 11-09-2002, 10:44 PM
Varan

I just got it... Little digging with scope in the 5-TUAP connected to 9-ZAP, and it is working perfectly.. thanks AnnMarie.. Varan