Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

8U - Can I null the knob on Channel Six?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 06:46 PM
desmobob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 8U - Can I null the knob on Channel Six?

Hi,

I use Channel Six for the second aileron channel in my 1/4-scale Giles 202. I also use it for the gyro gain on another model. Today, I didn't fly the Giles because I thought one of the aileron servos had gone south; it wouldn't center. Turns out I still had the Channel Six knob turned way to the left from an adjustment to the gyro gain when flying the other model. I didn't figure it out until I got home. I felt like an idiot. [&:]

Is there a way to null out the knob in the Aileron Differential programming I use on the Giles? I'll be sure to check my knob before flying, but I'd like to null the knob action.

Thanks for any help,
desmobob
Old 11-21-2005, 09:40 AM
Krysta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 8U - Can I null the knob on Channel Six?

Hi desmobob,

Yes, this is very easy to do, please see our FAQ on this subject on our website at:
http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-8u-q48.html

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician

ORIGINAL: desmobob

Hi,

I use Channel Six for the second aileron channel in my 1/4-scale Giles 202. I also use it for the gyro gain on another model. Today, I didn't fly the Giles because I thought one of the aileron servos had gone south; it wouldn't center. Turns out I still had the Channel Six knob turned way to the left from an adjustment to the gyro gain when flying the other model. I didn't figure it out until I got home. I felt like an idiot. [&:]

Is there a way to null out the knob in the Aileron Differential programming I use on the Giles? I'll be sure to check my knob before flying, but I'd like to null the knob action.

Thanks for any help,
desmobob
Old 11-21-2005, 05:25 PM
desmobob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 8U - Can I null the knob on Channel Six?

[quote]ORIGINAL: Krysta

Hi desmobob,

Yes, this is very easy to do, please see our FAQ on this subject on our website at:
http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-8u-q48.html

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician

Thanks very much Krysta. I have the manual and the Don Edberg book and I STILL forget how to do things with that wonderful radio!

Happy Thanksgiving,
desmobob