Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

TP-FSM Module

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 07:39 PM
wcmorrison
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TP-FSM Module

I have an 8UAP, an T6XAs and Polks Hobby Tracker II. When I fire up the 8UAP on channel 51, the reciever goes haywire, full throw etx. Changed receivers got the same reaction. Tried the recievers against the T6XAs and Polks and they work just fine.

I am of the opinion that the module is screwed up. I tried switching it off channel 51 and back, thinking that it may just be a switch problem. I got the same reaction.

Please advise.

Cheers,

Chip
Old 06-12-2006, 03:16 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: TP-FSM Module

Some non-Futaba receivers have difficulty when a Futaba transmitter with a synthesized RF module is used. If you have the problem with a Futaba receiver, then we'd be concerned. You didn't say what receivers were acting up.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:00 AM
wcmorrison

Tested on:

1. Polks Hobbies Reciver (PPL) (Channel 51) -- Does nto work with 8UAPs with Module
2. HiTec Slim Line (Channels 51 and 19) -- Does not work with 8uAPs with Module
3. HiTec Supreme (channels 51 and 19) -- Does not work with 8UAPs with Module
4. Futaba 127DF (channel 51) -- Does not work with 8UAPs with Module
5. Tower Hobbies 3000 (Channel 510 -- Does not work with 8UAPS with Module
6. Tower Hobbies 3000 (Channel 19) -- Does not work with 8UAPS with Module

With receivers powered up, servos checked and good, when transmitter is fired up all I get is a small amount of jitter or sometimes a violent hard over reaction.

All receivers work just fine with Polks Tracker II and Futaba T6XAs.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:24 PM
Bax

ORIGINAL: wcmorrison

Tested on:

4. Futaba 127DF (channel 51) -- Does not work with 8UAPs with Module

With receivers powered up, servos checked and good, when transmitter is fired up all I get is a small amount of jitter or sometimes a violent hard over reaction.

All receivers work just fine with Polks Tracker II and Futaba T6XAs.
We'd not know why you'd have had a problem with a Futaba receiver when using a Futaba transmitter with the Futaba synth module. Perhaps the receiver's out of tune. This would be so if it was originally on a different channel and then just re-crystalled to ch.51. ALL Futaba receivers will work with ANY Futaba transmitter, as long as frequency and modulation are correct.

We'd suggest that the receiver, transmitter w/module, or both be sent to the service center for checkout.

Old 06-13-2006, 07:51 PM
wcmorrison

You may not know why, but I think I do. The module does not work. All the recievers worked with the Futaba T6AXs with its fixed crystal controlled operation. Even the Polks Tracker II worked with all the receivers.

Guess I will stay with Polks from now on.

Cheers,

Chip
Old 06-14-2006, 10:20 AM
Bax

If you have a bad module, then it can be handled by the service center. The same synthesized module for the 9C works perfectly will with the 5U-series, 7U-series, and 8U-series of transmitters. It's not the synthesized modules in general, but something in the one you purchased.

If the module's less than a year old, then the warranty should apply.