Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

FP-R127DF glitches

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 07:40 PM
akschu
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FP-R127DF glitches

Hello,

I have a new FP-R127DF I bought from Toms RC on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6040665668

The unit was new in the packaging and I got a futaba crystal with it, but it seems to have glitching problems. When I have my 9c turned on and the model sitting on the bench it twitches. I'm just now installing the radio in the model for the first time so the engine isn't running nor is there any metal to metal contact so I think it is the reciever. I replaced it with a AFS one I have left over from a nexstar and it works just fine (except it doesn't have enough channels) so I think that confirms that it is the reciever.

To make sure it's not a crystal problem I switched the crystals and the problem remained with the R127DF.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? I'm not sure what to do next.

Thanks,
schu

Old 07-10-2006, 12:07 PM
akschu

Default RE: FP-R127DF glitches

Okay, I have a solution:

After reading [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2978490/mpage_2/key_6v%2Cfutaba%2Cglitch/tm.htm]this[/link] thread I concluded that the R127DF RX doesn't work with hitec digital servos. So I swapped the RX with a hitec supreme 8 I have in another plane that uses hitec analog servos. The R127DF seems to work glitch free with the analog servos and the hitec rx works fine with the hitec digitals.

I'm not sure why there is this incompatibility, but switching the rx solved my problem. From now on I'll stick to using futaba rx with futaba servos and hitec rx with hitec servos.

schu
Old 07-10-2006, 03:12 PM
akschu

Looks like I spoke too soon, the reciever is still glitching with the analog servos, though not nearly as much.

Here is the current setup:

R127DF
HS-81 on throttle
HS-635HB on rudder
HS-475HB on elevator
(wing and aileron servos are not connected)

Though it doesn't seem to have massive glitches like it did on my digital servo bird, the rudder servo gitters a little bit so I don't think I really want to chance it in the air.

Any thoughts on resolving the issues with this RX?

schu
Old 07-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

How does it work with Futaba servos? If you still have the difficulty, it could be the receiver, or something else. You can send it to the service center for a checkout.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:50 AM
akschu

It does work with futaba servos, so it sounds like this rx is being picky so I doubt sending it in will resolve anything. I'll just swap it for a hitec and stick with a common brand for my flight package.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When you "mix and match" brands of equipment in an installation, there is no guarantee that they are all compatible. Futaba can only guarantee that their receivers will work with their servos, transmitters, gyros, and so on. Use other manufacturer's equipment, and you cannot be given any assurance of what the performance may wind up to be.