Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

9 C Super Set-Up/Y Connectors??

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 07:59 PM
wrpsr1911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9 C Super Set-Up/Y Connectors??

I have a plane(CG Tiger 120)I am setting up on my new 9 C Super. I have never set up a plane on a computer radio before. I have Twin aileron servos, Twin elevator servos , twin flap servos. I know that most can be set up on different channels, however this not being a 3D plane, (Sunday Flier) Can I just use Y Connector on the Flaps ?---Elevators?--I think I read I could use chaannels 2 and 8 for the elevators(if there is an advantage?)??What channels are best for the ailerons?? Any help for a 9C newbie will be GREATLY appreciated!!!MANY THANKS, WOODIE
Old 08-18-2006, 12:49 AM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 9 C Super Set-Up/Y Connectors??

Ailerons set up on 1 and 7. Elevators on 2 and 8.

I sat up my Ruperts in this configuration, mainly because it was the defaults in the manual.

I started having trouble with the ailerons on my trainer and discovered that the torque links were slopping around in the wing, no bearings put in by the the ARF mfg. I cut into the wings and added a servo for each aileron. I was going to fly the next day and found that I didn't have a Y cable, so I set them up on 1 and 7. Glad I did. It really extends your options for tuning the plane. You can fine tune each center point as well as travel.

Don
Old 08-18-2006, 01:21 AM
sknx
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In all futaba manuals ailerons are 1 and 6. On 9C the mixes are default to those channels. For Elevetors I used both ( 2-5 and 2-7) and it works pretty well.
If you use Hitec digital servos don't set ATV for elevators higher than 100%, one side it will have a lag, for small travel it's not a problem but it could be annoying for 3D.

Boby
Old 08-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You can most certainly use Y-connectors. However, for elevators, this may cause difficulties with the pushrod geometry.

Using the programming to set up control surfaces on different channels and then mixing them together allows you to better set up endpoints, differential throws, add mixing, and so on. It all depends upon what you are trying to do. It's become very common, nowdays, to use two servos for ailerons only because it makes setup simpler, and you can add differential, which is very useful in scale aircraft.

You can also use the traditional setup where a single servo was used for each function, so that you have only four servos in the airplane (five if you use flaps). It all comes down to what you want to do.

If you are using two servos for the ailerons in the 9C-series transmitter, then you will use channels 1 and 6, and turn on the flaperon mixer. If you don't want to use the ailerons as flaps, too, then turn the amount of flap mix to 0%.

You would use channels 2 and 8 for two elevator servos, turn on the ailevator mixer, and then turn the aileron functions to 0% if you don't want the elevators to operate in tandem with the ailerons.