Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

T14MZ vs Butterfly

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 07:14 AM
fcornu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T14MZ vs Butterfly

Hi all,

I use my T14 in French F3F league , due to the strong conditions, butterfly are mandatories to stop the planes.
Sometimes on different models butterfly are difficult to adjust and to modify 1 parameter i've to land with risk.

I didn't find a solutions to modify or match the parameters ( elevator/FLAP/aileron) during the flight.

I would appreciate to use rotary button or trim ( one for each, like fine tuning for other functions ) during the flight to modify the ratio and then add this ratio to the usual parameters for a final result.

Thanks for your help

Old 10-06-2006, 01:58 AM
fcornu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T14MZ vs Butterfly

Hi all,

i found a solution, if somebody is interest.

Step 1 : Program your butterfly as mentionned by the manufacturer. from my side Aileron 70% Flap 100% elevator compensation 2mm, butterfly on stick J2, half course. Next go to sevo monitor and note the value for aileron , aileron 2 etc....at full J2
Step 2 : Program 5 mixers like that .J2 to Aileron 70%,fine tune LD 20%, your preffered switch for on/off, idem for Aileron 2.J2 to Flap 100%, fine tune RD 20%, swicth as before , idem for Flap 2. J2 to elevator 20%, fine tune CD 20% switch as before.
Step 3 : You can fly and adjust your butterfly in a range of 20% ( At this time i cannot help you )
Step 4 : after landing, go to servo monitor, note the new values, next go to butterfly mixer and add the value to match the same value in servo monitor
Step 5 : Cancel your 5 mixers

Step 6 : Your plane is ready to stop with a perfect butterfly

regards

Old 10-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: T14MZ vs Butterfly

We're glad you found your solution. Since your original post, we've been "messing" with our transmitters, too, to see if we could find the answer. We apparently didn't quite hit your thinking process, and hadn't hit the solution as yet.

Great work!