Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

12mz update - new feature explanations?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 10:22 PM
underdw
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 12mz update - new feature explanations?

Hi Krysta,
I just downloaded the latest 12mz update and saw the .pdf describing the new features. Are there more complete explanations available or coming? A couple example questions quickly occurred to me as I skim the list of new features:
-Why would I want to slow my stick response or add hysteresis? Default values of 4 and 1 - wouldn't I want to set all to 1 and 0?
- What is the advantage of using the Multiprop feature over just assigning multiple channels to the same function?
- Can subtrim be adjusted for Multiprop?
- What is Mode mixing [Motor]?

Thanks
Old 05-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 12mz update - new feature explanations?

Hysteresis adjustment was added at the request of some of the F3A flyers, who had become used to systems with a bit more hysteresis in their systems. This can help eliminate aircraft movement with small inadvertent movements of the sticks, such as when you're holding aileron in a roll and have to add elevator at different points. A bit of hysteresis keeps you from changing the aileron.

Changing stick response also helps the flyer to customize the 'feel' of the transmitter to suit their needs.

The multiprop function is for when you use the MPDX-1 Channel Expander. This allows you to add up to 8 functions to a single channel. The transmitter needs to know which of its channels are controlling the channel expander.