Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Mysterious PCM Reset on T7CAP

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Dsegal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mysterious PCM Reset on T7CAP

I have a 3 year old T7CAP transmitter which stopped working a couple of months ago (or so I thought). It took a repair shop to point out that the model memory I was using was reset to PCM. Boy was I shocked. I have never selected PCM and did not even know how to do that. Today at my club field an experienced wet-power flyer tried his first flight with an electric model and he could not figure out why the servos were twitching. An hour later he realized that his T7CAP had reset to PCM without his selecting that mode. What is happening here?
Old 05-29-2007, 02:05 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Mysterious PCM Reset on T7CAP

If you create a 'new' model in the transmitter, or reset one to factory defaults, PCM is the default mode for the 7CAP transmitter.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Dsegal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To test this last week I reset one model memory and it did not go to PCM.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmmm....we'd not know what could make the transmitter reset its transmitting mode, short of manually doing it, or doing a system reset.

Now, if you have other models in memory on the same transmitter, and some are PCM, then you have to manually change the transmitting mode when you change models. It's not automatic. We've seen that to be the cause in some cases...the modeler turned on the transmitter, changed to a different model that was PPM instead of PCM, and found no control. You must make sure the modulation gets changed, too.