Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Brushless Servo Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 08:30 PM
EHFAI

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brushless Servo Question

I'm aware that the Futaba S9351 servo will oscillate in some aircraft applications and that the S9155 is the aircraft version (which functions flawlessly). It appears that the BLS451 carries the same application info as the S9351 (on the Tower site) - so my question, is the BLS451 suitable for aircraft applications?
Old 08-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Brushless Servo Question

The BLS451 servos are designed primarily for R/C car use. We don't have feedback on their behavior in other types of applications.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:01 PM
EHFAI

Thank you.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:01 AM
wjvail
My Feedback: (3)

The BLS451 servos are designed primarily for R/C car use. We don't have feedback on their behavior in other types of applications.
Bill... Do you have any feed back at all. I just bolted 3 BLS451's in my new Stratus heli while eclipsing the $3,000.00 mark. I'm not sure how I feel about being the path finder with this new technology. I've had some considerable setbacks in the past when "trying" another manufactures servos. The pinion would come loose from the motor output shaft or the motor would fail without warning and my pride and joy would go spinning into the ground! After several very costly rebuilds the distributer recalled/replaced the servos. I only mention this to emphasize I'm a little sensitive to this subject

Can you tell me the warranty return rate has been low so far? How are they doing truck and buggies.... arguably the toughest test on the planet? What are the field reps finding? I know these might be tough questions for a distributer to answer on a public forum. I'd like you to tell me that have been bulletproof in the field so far. If that is not the case, you could recommend I put them in my other toys for a while... Will I know if there is a problem before reading about them on RunRyder or RC Universe. Or worse yet, something gets broken?

Sorry for putting you on the spot but I'm close to flying this and am searching for some/any feedback.

Bill Vail
Old 08-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The BLS451 servos just started to ship. They've been out a very short time.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:25 AM
wjvail
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks Bill,

I completely understand how tough this question is and I'm sorry to have put you on the spot. I had hoped there was some early returns from the field. I will wait to see what time proves out.

My set of BLS451's shipped from Tower Hobbies 25 July and I got them 28 July. I still haven't found time to finish the heli so I can't add to the feed back pot yet. I'm sure I'll be happy.

Bill
Old 10-01-2007, 09:00 PM
EHFAI

Being as I ask the original question, it's seems fair that I update the info. The BLS451 appears to work just fine on the rudder of a 2m pattern model (pull-pull cables).