Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba 12FG - Rudder stick off center.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 08:29 AM
J.Paul Saure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 12FG - Rudder stick off center.....

Hi!

I just received my new 12FG radio this saturday. Very nice!
I started to check some of it features when and I found a problem with the rudder stick.
I didn't get to program any model in it!!!

On the servo monitor screen and on the AFR screen, I noticed that the rudder at neutral shows a position of 6.5%. At full right, it shows 95.5%.
At the left side, it gets to 100% before full stick deflection.......

Mind you I reset the memory several times and triple-checked there's no input on subtrims, mixes, etcetc.... .....the radio is brand new.

Please tell me there's some way to re-calibrate the pot (hidden service menu or similar) without opening the case or sending it to my dealer (who will in turn send it to FSC in USA, there's no Futaba service in Chile!!!!!! [&o] )
It is a loooong way from here........

Thanks for the support.

Saludos,
Paul
Old 09-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 12FG - Rudder stick off center.....

If the trims and sub-trims are all at zero, then the rudder stick needs to be recalibrated. That can only be done by the service center, and would involve a complete recalibration of all sticks and trims.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:53 PM
J.Paul Saure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 12FG - Rudder stick off center.....

OK, the radio is on its way to my local dealer, who will ship it to the service center.....
What is the aproximate turnover time for a checkup and recalibration of the system? I already miss my 12FG [:'(] (even though I didn't get to fly with it!!!)

Once recalibrated, how long should it stay that way? Does this type of radio need periodical chek-ups?
My 6XAS is almost 9 years old and is still going strong and "straight"!!! (it's never been on service)

Thanks for the support.

Saludos,
Paul