Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Faster FASST?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 01:13 PM
Ray Davis
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faster FASST?

Bax, I most appreciate the info you are providing here! System speed/latency asked and answered several times....but, dammit, I'm still confused !

You've said the 12FG FASST Tx is identical to the FM FG, etc.....and that, "...no speed degradation exists when compared to PCM-G3". (Well...glad to hear that!) And w/ regard to the 9C...."latency is in the processing before the signal gets to the module."

I've heard that 2.4 confers less latency/more "conectiveness" (i.e., faster than PCM..). Perhaps not w/ the 9C if I interpret your above correctly....but is the 12FG somehow 'faster' w/ the FASST module ...or, is it the FASST Rx that speeds things up...or, is the 12FG just 'faster' overall than the 9C because of 2048, etc.?

Otherwise, seems Futaba FASST 2.4 (inherently) adds no more 'connectiveness' than Futaba PCM...(whereas other brand systems advertise their 2.4 systems are faster than their PCM systems). Could you spoon feed me here...and put this one to bed?! Thanks!

Ray

Old 11-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Faster FASST?

The "more connectedness" is not a feature of the systems operating on 2.4 GHz. It's the type of coding they use. The Futaba transmitters that use the PCM2048 G3 coding give modelers that same feeling, even on the 72MHz channels. It's the speed of the processor and the quality of the link between the transmitter and receiver. All of the modern systems coming out on the 2.4 GHz channels, using spread spectrum coding, are taking advantage of the bandwidth available and modern chipsets to give better processing speed. The better processing speed gives you a shorter time between the movement of the stick and the movement of the servo. This tighter link is what people are commenting about.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Ray Davis
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Faster FASST?

Aha! Bax, thanks so much...truly makes sense.

Ray