Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

TM-14 ANTENNA

Old 01-08-2008, 05:50 PM
ROOKIE PILOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TM-14 ANTENNA

I have a 12fg with the tm-14 module. While holding the transmitter in the normal flying position the antenna points to the ground or straight out but will not point up as my 6ex 2.4ghz does. Is this the way it was intended.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: TM-14 ANTENNA

The transmitter antenna should not point towards the aircraft, and pointing down won't hurt a thing. You want the airplane to "see" the side of the transmitter antenna. Having it point straight out to one side would be about as good a position as any.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:16 PM
big_ipaq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nevertheless, Futaba in the TM-14 instruction manual is saying clearly to point it UPWARDS not DOWNWARDS. And the pictures in the booklet show it also pointing UPWARDS. Is there any possibility to swivel it that way?
Old 10-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you MUST have it point 'upwards', then the only way is for it to be straight out. That would have it point somewhat up, based upon the way most people hold their transmitters. Really, though, to the side or downwards would be about the best ways, as long as the tip never points towards the airplane while in flight.