Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

10c questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 01:51 PM
akschu
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10c questions

Bax, Krysta.

I was just about ready to drop coin on a 9 channel JR radio when I saw that futaba announced a competing radio, the 10c. I would like to know more about this radio so I have a few questions:

1. Will it do 2048 resolution in FASST mode with the R608FS RX? I see that the specs say 1024 resolution, but I am thinking that is because it does 1024pcm.

2. Does the 10c have channel interleaving that prevents large swash movements from a single frame? This is a huge problem with the 9c super as shown in the attached graph.

3. Does futaba have plans to ship any RX's under the $50 price point? The $70 R616FFM is pretty spendy for a foamy.

4. Does futaba have plans to ship a full range 6 channel RX to replace the R606FS?

5. Are their plans to get some better information together on their products? At this point it's very difficult to figure out which modules/RX offer 2048 resolution or discern what is the difference between the R617FS and R607FS. Some decent documentation would be great.

Thanks,
schu
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67830.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	885541  
Old 02-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 10c questions

The 10C was announced a little over a week ago. We don't have specs on the system at this time. Please be patient and information will become available soon.

Your "What if" questions don't have answers. Futaba doesn't talk about what they have not announced. We don't know what may or may not be in development.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:04 PM
akschu
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks for the reply Bax...

The things I want to know the most are questions 1 and 2. Since the 10c has been announced and some specs are published I think it's reasonable to get the answers to those sometime soon. I wonder if anyone going to the WRAM show can get some answers.

schu
Old 02-26-2008, 12:34 PM
qmulus

I'm also anxiously waiting to hear what the 10C has to offer, especially in terms of compatibility with the previously released FASST receivers. I'm in the market for a new higher line transmitter to replace my 6EX FASST, and I would really like to be able to use the stock R606FS receivers that I have.