Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

How to reset the FASST unique id code in one easy lesson!

Old 06-14-2008, 12:32 PM
gjesion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to reset the FASST unique id code in one easy lesson!

Just leave the switch on and have the battery go flat! I did this to my 6EX by accident and much to my surprise/consternation neither of my planes would respond to the transmitter. All I would get is the blinking green led on the receiver. I had to re-link both receivers to get the planes to respond. All the setup and trims are still in the transmitter though. I guess I will have to return it to Futaba for repair - in the middle of the flying season.

I must admit that I am quite aggravated by this.

Regards,
Jerry
Old 06-14-2008, 01:00 PM
john4648
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: How to reset the FASST unique id code in one easy lesson!

This is an ongoing issue that Futaba has to this day failed to admit. Mine did the same thing months ago. Sent it in with a letter, as well as email to Bax. They refuse to admit they have an issue in the field. These should have been, and still need to be recalled. Units will continue to fail in the field.

John
Old 06-15-2008, 09:49 AM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Default RE: How to reset the FASST unique id code in one easy lesson!

This could be why Futaba installed the transmitter shut down systom on the 12FG, 12ZAP. If the radio sets for more then a half hour, then the transmitter shuts down automaticlly. Maybe this is Futaba's fix for the problem. I think the new 10C has this feture. I know the 12FG has it.
NEDYOB