Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Reversed throttle imply reversed failsafe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 01:08 PM
cjshaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reversed throttle imply reversed failsafe?

Given that we always have to reverse the throttle on Futaba radios when using an ESC to control a brushless motor, is the default failsafe power setting reversed as well?

This is on my 12FG, with TM-14 FASST module, controlling an R606FS FASST receiver.

I'm asking this because I had my Typhoon2 crash the other day. It stopped responding to my transmitter, the motor went to full power, and the airplane dived into the dirt. It acted like the radio went into failsafe, and set the motor to full power as the failsafe position.

I'm not sure why the receiver would have gone into failsafe, unless the BEC on the P.O.S. E-Flite ESC was acting up. I was flying it with a three cell Li-Mg battery. The first E-Flite ESC that came with the airplane burned itself up while I was connecting the battery. E-Flite replaced it, and the second one has been working ok until now.

Chris Shaker
Old 07-24-2008, 02:24 PM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Reversed throttle imply reversed failsafe?

delete sorry, forgot this was a vendor forum......

Woodie