Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

OK to use USA 2.4 gig radio in Australia

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 02:59 AM
dubs1946

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK to use USA 2.4 gig radio in Australia

Hi I live in Australia and have upgraded my 9 cap with a 2.4gig. module and 14 channel receiver bought from Tower and it works great no problem now i need more channels so i was thinking of buying a 12 or 14 channel Futaba transmitter from Tower.
My question is, are the USA 12 and 14 channel 2.4 gig. Futaba Radio's and receivers usable in Australia or do we have different specifications from the USA? As there is some talk that there is a difference, are the USA Futaba radio's compatible with Australian regulations?, and can i use an imported radio from the USA.
I am very confused can you help? as i cannot get any answers over here.

Regards Dave.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OK to use USA 2.4 gig radio in Australia

We don't have any idea whether U.S.-certified systems are legal to use in Australia. We are the Service and Support Center for North America. We do know that they only have the U.S. FCC labels on them, and no certifications for other governments. You can check with the Australian ministry that handles communications and radio certification to see if an FCC Type Accepted system is legal to use in Australia.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:49 PM
rconabudget

Hi Dave,

The MAAA says that it is recommended to have a C-Tick on your 2.4Gig radio but it is not required. I have a 12FG and it was sourced from the US and is legal to use in Aus. It is also possible to get a C-Tick for a radio that you import yourself although it is not required.

Regards
Kerry
Old 07-31-2008, 12:38 AM
PlaneHeli

Bax,

Are there any differences in the Futaba 10C that are manufactured for different countries.

IE. Are all 10C manufactured to the same Futaba Japan specs whether manufactured in Japan, Taiwan or any other country they are manufactured.
If they are all manufactured to the exact same specs, frequency tolerences, power outputs, that may answer many questions.

Cheers
Old 08-08-2008, 05:19 AM
Mark Burgess

Selective hearing going on PlaneHeli ! I doubt you will get a constructive, positive, brand supportive answer.

More here www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=892270