Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

TM-7 R607FS Is This Normal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 10:59 PM
JDHammer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TM-7 R607FS Is This Normal?

Hi,
I recently installed a new 2.4 system in my large scale airplane. The TM-7 module is in a 9C transmitter and the R607FS is powered by a 6v regulated Nicad. When I first power up the system, the elevator slams all the way down to the stops for a half second and then returns to neutral (Tx on first). If I switch the receiver on first without the tx, the elevator slams down and stays there with the servo stalled and buzzing.

I tried rebinding the receiver and this cured the problem for a couple of power ups but now the slamming has returned. I have consulted all instructions included with the system in addition to online information. The radio performs normally when up and running and range checks very good but I haven't tried flying yet. Is this normal?

Thanks.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:17 PM
JDHammer

Default RE: TM-7 R607FS Is This Normal?

Hmm, guess no one has tried using a 607 receiver yet. Anyway, I've been using my own workaround to this problem. Before I shut down I pull full back elevator and then turn the receiver off, then the transmitter. Next time I power up, the elevator just goes to neutral without slamming against the down stop.

Kind of a Rube Goldberg fix, maybe someone else will buy one so I can find out more about this
Old 08-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Krysta

Hi JDHammer,

I apologize that it has taken us this long to get back to you, both Bax and I have been extremely busy.

Could you please let me know what servo you are using on your elevator, does this happen on any other servo besides this one, and do you have the servo on a Y connector?

Thanks, Krysta

ORIGINAL: JDHammer

Hi,
I recently installed a new 2.4 system in my large scale airplane. The TM-7 module is in a 9C transmitter and the R607FS is powered by a 6v regulated Nicad. When I first power up the system, the elevator slams all the way down to the stops for a half second and then returns to neutral (Tx on first). If I switch the receiver on first without the tx, the elevator slams down and stays there with the servo stalled and buzzing.

I tried rebinding the receiver and this cured the problem for a couple of power ups but now the slamming has returned. I have consulted all instructions included with the system in addition to online information. The radio performs normally when up and running and range checks very good but I haven't tried flying yet. Is this normal?

Thanks.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:52 PM
JDHammer

Thanks Krysta, no problem. The elevator servo is an S9402 and is not on a Y harness. There are 3 other servos all Futaba analogs. The throttle servo is on a Y harness with the onboard glow driver. They don't move on power up.

I did notice when trying a rebind to solve the problem that the elevator was fixed however the problem moved to the aileron servo (moving to limit on startup). After a couple more power ons to test the fix the original problem came back (elevator slamming down to limit).

The previous receiver was an original 512 Futaba PCM from the '80s and the servos operated normally on start up.

Thank you for your help, Jim.