Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Can't change frequencies on PCM G3 RX w/12FG

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 01:54 AM
cjshaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't change frequencies on PCM G3 RX w/12FG

I've spent some time attempting to change frequencies on my 12FG and my two R5114 DPS 72Mhz PCM G3 receivers,
and I can't get it to work. My 12FG firmware is version 1.3.

I've been using the frequency change instructions in my 12FG manual, on page 23 and page 24. I've configured the
two 8 digit receiver IDs as receiver1 and receiver2. I go through the frequency change process, the servo on channel
1 moves, which is supposed to confirm frequency accepted. Note that the monitor LED is *not* lighting up on the RXes.

On page 24, it says that the frequency can also be changed using the DSC cord. I've tried using the DSC cord, per its
instructions: turn off RX power, turn off transmitter, attach DSC cable to back of TX (this powers up the 12FG automatically),
and to BAT jack on RX. Attach battery to RX. Servos respond to transmitter commands. Go through freq change process,
and servo on channel 1 moves. Wait a bit, power down RX, remove DSC cord from RX and from TX. Power down the TX.
Power up transmitter, power up receiver,

If I go to the new frequency (59), and enable the transmitter, I get no RX response. If I change the transmitter back to
channel 40, one of the RXes responds to my transmitter. The other one does not respond anymore.

Thank you,
Chris Shaker

Old 08-28-2008, 12:24 PM
cjshaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can't change frequencies on PCM G3 RX w/12FG

Read the FAQ on changing frequencies on the 14Z. The batteries were good. I pulled out the transmitter and receiver antennas, and even tried having them touch.

With older firmware in my transmitter, I successfully changed the frequency of the receiver that is on channel 40. If nothing else works, I'm going to start trying different versions of the transmitter firmware.

The only thing that looks applicable is to try testing it outside of my house. I was trying to set up the receivers in my kitchen. What frequencies does the wireless frequency changing tech use? Would 2.4 Ghz WiFi, or wireless (5.6 Ghz & 6 Ghz) phones interfere?

That still leaves the DSC cable. Why didn't changing the frequency using the DSC cable work? This is a DSC cable that I purchased for my Super 9C. Is that still correct for the 12FG?

Thank you,
Chris Shaker
Old 08-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Can't change frequencies on PCM G3 RX w/12FG

Normally, when you want to change channels, you have the transmitter and receiver turned off. Then you extend the transmitter antenna and uncoil the receiver antenna (if it's not installed in the model). Turn on the transmitter and change its channel. The transmitter will then send a signal to the receiver. Wait until you hear the second tone from the transmitter and then turn on the receiver. Wait a few seconds and then power-off the receiver and hit the "OK" button on the transmitter. The channel should be changed.

If you cannot change the channel this way, even with the transmitter antenna touching the receiver, or via the DSC cord, then your receiver or transmitter may need to be looked at by the service center.

WiFi will only cause difficulties when the system is on 2.4 GHz, and then it would only slow the linking process.