Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

FUTABA SERVO BLS 452 MG DIGITAL BRUSHLESS in carden yak 89"

I have a question for these servos. FUTABA SERVO BLS 452 MG DIGITAL BRUSHLESS.

I saw on internet that these are made for car use.

This is the Futaba BLS452 Brushless Digital High Torque, High Speed Servo. BLS452 is designed for steering in nitro or electric on and off-road vehicles

Can i use it in my hangar 9 YAK 54 89" ?

Or should i get some other servos for airplane use?

thank you

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: FUTABA SERVO BLS 452 MG DIGITAL BRUSHLESS in carden yak 89"

Quoting from theFutaba website:
    Futaba BLS 451 Brushless Servos Review
    "What the BLS 451 is for
    Usually servos fit into a category that makes them easy to select for a given use, but the BLS 451 is an exception to the rules thanks to its specifications. Futaba and Tower Hobbies advertise the 451 as a premium steering servo for vehicles, and I have no doubts about its capabilities in that regard.

The 451's two limiting factors are its torque and its price. With these factors in mind, the BLS 451 would work well for control surface use where 150 in./oz. is enough, and when it is important to have the absolute best mix of speed and power available. These applications include single use on the elevators of aerobatic aircraft up to 33% and dual use on ailerons of aerobatic aircraft up to 35%. It would of course also yield excellent results for any smaller size aircraft in the .60-1.80 size. Finally, it would of course serve well for use in what it was designed for - competition steering servos for larger vehicles.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728502
    Regards
    JC