Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

14MZ - use of the rotary key

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts
Default 14MZ - use of the rotary key

Hi Bill or Krysta,
I like my 14MZ. [8D]

My touch panel has been not working very well in a localized spot (it has been flakey for quite a while), but I'm holding off on sending the transmitter in... I HAVE been using the rotary key now, to get around the menus, and kinda like this alternate method. Question: Are we able to use the rotary key to scroll thru and select the keyboard letters, for example when creating names for Functions? It seems you can scroll thru everything except I haven't figured out how to scroll thru the keyboard...

Thanks!
PS - I have tried the Calibrate Display feature, but has not helped the touch panel issue I'm having.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:48 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 14MZ - use of the rotary key

The rotary key at the bottom-middle of the touch screen will allow you to move through all the options on the screen. Then, you just press the rotary key to activate your choice. However, it's not functional in the "keyboard" areas where you would type in a model name, user name, or such.