Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

10C ailevator function and 12FG mode changing

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 01:46 AM
togatoga
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10C ailevator function and 12FG mode changing

Hi, I have two questions

1- My buddy has a 10C. He has a 617 installed in an Edge that requires 2 elevator servos.He can't seem to use the ailevator function as the second servo requires channel 8 which obviously the 617 doesn't have.Any way around this?

2- I am planning to get another 12fg to fly my 72mhz receivers.Tower has the mode2 on offer.Can I switch over to mode1 (after reprogramming the setup) mechanically by just adjusting the stick spring tension and ratchet? I read the online manual that states that i need to send theset back to the service centre to make the switch.Or is it possible to do it by oneself , does the pcb cover the sticks like the 9zapWC?

Thanks
Old 12-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Peter Burgess

Default RE: 10C ailevator function and 12FG mode changing

How to setup dual elevator servos with Futaba 10C and R617 rx.

In menu go to AUX-CH, decide which channel you wish to use for the second output ie 5 or 6 (I used 6). Set that channel to NULL.
Now goto PROG.MIX1-8 and select a 'Normal' mixer, select settings:
MIX > ON,
RATE +100 (both directions),
MASTER > CH2
SLAVE > CH6 (or 5)
TRIM > ON
SW (Any switch)
POSI > NULL

Now you should have a dual elevator setup.
WHY Futaba have not included this in the software I cannot imagine, they could at least have included it in the manual!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 10:34 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

In the 10C, you'll need to use a pmix to have dual elevators. Just select any Pmix and turn it on. Make elevator the master channel and an unused channel the slave. Turn trim ON. Set the mix amounts and you're "good to go".

To convert the 12FG from Mode II to Mode I, you need to move the spring and ratchet between the sticks, reset the software, and then recalibrate the sticks. This requires the service program, which is external to the transmitter, and available only to authorized Futaba service centers.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:43 PM
togatoga
My Feedback: (42)

Thanks very much Bax for the the info.Much appreciated Here's wishing you a very Happy New Year.