Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba CB12Z versus T12Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Nickolas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba CB12Z versus T12Z

Hi there,

Does anyone know if there is a difference? Seems that CB12Z is available only in the UK through Ripmax and the T12Z to the rest of the world. The UK version does not have any indication for aero or heli. Please see attached pic.

Please let me know if you have spotted any difference between the two, except the regional settings of course.

Thanks in advance,

Nikos
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68223.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	1115945  
Old 01-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba CB12Z versus T12Z

You will have to ask RipMax, the Futaba distributor for the U.K. We are the Futaba Service and Support center for North America. We don't know of a "different" transmitter designation. In North America, the only real difference between an "airplane" and "heli" transmitter is the location of some switches. While helis do not use a ratchet on the throttle stick, the 12Z has both and you change one to the other by adjusting small screws at the back of the transmitter. The "airplane" transmitter has the ratchet set from the factory, and the "heli" transmitter has the smooth throttle set from the factory, although it's a matter of seconds to change one to the other.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:30 PM
RCer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba CB12Z versus T12Z

Hello

1) Plane version have rachet throttle while heli version has smooth throttle. Its very easy to change either into the other through adjustment holes in the back. its explained in the manual.

2) When creating a new model the your tell the radio whether you want to create a plane, heli, glider,... etc. The plane version starts with a plane so if you want one of the other model types you need to click a few times to change it to say a heli. Similar the heli version starts with type as heli (its not really an issue. Both types of radio have the EXACT same functionality)

3) I think the heli version in the US has a movement limiter on the throttle on the heli version which the plane version do not have.

4) On the airplane version the long two-position and short three-position switches will be on the top right side and the long, spring-loaded and short two-position switches will be on the top left side.
On the helicopter version these switch locations will be reversed. Else its the same layout. If you want to its not difficult to move the switches yourself. Futaba/Ripmax tells you to send it in so they can make the switch. However, if you want to do it yourself (I did as I fly both helis and plans but wanted the heli layout) it quite easy.

a) The 4 switches on each side is located in a switch bank. To remove the bank removw top screw.
b) Gently bent back rubber grip on the side at the top. Remove small screw behind rubber grip.
c) Gently remove bank. Unscrew ring on the outside holding switches in place. Gently unplug switch from radio (dont pull on wires). Write down where each switch was plugged in
d) Do that for all switches u want to move
e) Reposition switches as desired and plug them back into radio
f) Mount the two screws for each bank and push rubber grip back into place
g) Now the radio needs to be recalibrated (u need to tell it what switch is located where). For info on how to do that read here: http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=20745

If you do not feel comfortable with the above do not do it. But as I said its not that hard.

I purchased my T12Z from Sussex Model Centre which get their stuff from RipMax. On the case it says T12Z. it came with the 35MHz module. In the US I think the label is either 12ZH or 12ZP for heli or plane layout. The T12Z from ripmax corresponds to the 12ZP (plane layout). But again it can be changed to heli if desired and the functionality is the same.

Hope this helps
Regards
RCer