Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Campac Data Transfer......

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 08:47 AM
DaneMcGee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Campac Data Transfer......

How do I transfer data from one campac to another campac on a Fut 9cap ? I don't intend to switch campacs between radios, just simply want to have 2 campacs.

I've searched the forum but could not find a satisfactory answer.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:09 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Campac Data Transfer......

Save from first CamPac to transmitter, then save from transmitter to second CamPac. No other way to transfer models from one CamPac to another.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:00 PM
DaneMcGee

Sorry, but I'm not sure how to save from the campac to the transmitter.

The 9cap will save data for 8 models. The 16k campac will save data for 6 more.

Not sure how to save the data from the 6 models in the campac to a transmitter that already has data saved for 8 models?
Old 02-02-2009, 07:41 AM
im60793

Robbe (Robbe are the main Futaba Distributer for Germany and much of Europe) sell a CAMI 2000 unit, which connects via a USB connection to a PC. The CAMPAC is simply plugged into the CAMI 2000 and can be downloaded to the PC and then uploaded to another CAMPAC. This system provides almost infinite memory storage of CAMPAC data. The software is free for download on the Robbe website (www.robbe.de). The CAMI 2000 unit costs around $30 to $40. I have one and it works very well. The software can support all Futaba transmitters that use CAMPACs and all types of CAMPACS from the original 4k up to the 16x64k modules.

Regards,
Ian Morrow
Old 02-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You have to have room in the transmitter. If you have the transmitter full, and a CamPac full, and need to transfer models between two CamPacs, then you'll need a third CamPac to hold some of the models stored in the transmitter to free up a slot.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:00 PM
DaneMcGee

Thanks for the help. I freed up a slot in my transmitter memory by copying it to my new campac, then I proceeded to copy fom the old campac to the freed memory slot in my transmitter. Then I copyed from that slot to my new campac. I did this for every model I wished to transfer. It required switching between campacs but only took about 10 minutes, so no problem.