Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

AFR question 12FG

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 12:20 AM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFR question 12FG

Hi..I'm setting up a plane in this radio. Do I use AFR to set all my controls up first? The reason I ask is I have been playing around with the different functions of this radio and found out that if I set up with a "condition 1" on the screen and then go to the AFR section and adjust servo throws and expo then change back to a non "condition" it re-sets all the servos to a different value. I guess what I'm trying to find out is if I'm doing the correct thing by setting up the model in the AFR menu first?. It seems to give me the values or settings I am after along with the ability to set up expo.
If I am on the right track will the trans remember the "Condition 1" settings for me or do I have another step in order to get these settings to be the ones I want to fly with.
Thanks...I hope I made the question clear for you.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: AFR question 12FG

First, when you set up conditions, you decide which condition will have the largest throws. Then, in the other conditions, you must set the AFR for each control function to "Single" to limit the AFR to that condition, only. If the AFR for the function is set to "Group", then all conditions set to "Group" will share that AFR setting.

Your difficulty comes from the fact that the AFR you adjusted was not set to "Single".

When you adjust an AFR, you go into the AFR screen, select the control function you desire to set, move the condition switch to select the condition where you are making the setting, select "Group" or "Single", and THEN adjust the AFR rates, expo, and so forth. Please be aware that if you change the mode of an AFR setting, you lose the values you may have put into Rate A, Rate B, Exp A, and Exp B.