Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Do Futaba recievers save servo sub-trim information?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 10:23 AM
RogerParrett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do Futaba recievers save servo sub-trim information?

Bax / Krysta,

I set up a 9CAPS TX and a 148DF RX with some rudder servo subtrim so the horn / linkages would be at right-angles. Of course, normal trims were first zeroed out.

Then I set my Super 7 (yeah, the 20 year old one...) with the same rudder servo sub trim value as the 9CAPS so I could interchange radios. The normal trim memory was reset, and the mechanical trim lever was centered as well.

Then, when I tested the plane with the Super 7, the rudder servo was off-center considerably. Taking into account possible TX design changes between "then and now", I set the sub-trim on the Super 7 so the rudder was aligned.

Then when I went back tried the 9CAPS - you guessed it - the rudder was off center.

I'm not looking for you to figure out what happened... I just would like to know if anything on the RX side saves sub-trim information.

Best Regards... Roger Parrett

Old 04-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Do Futaba recievers save servo sub-trim information?

Receivers don't save anything once they're powered-off. All settings reside in the transmitter. Different transmitters, even of identical models, will have different settings because of differences in the circuitry. If they'r of the same model, such as two 10C transmitters, you can still expect slight differences when you turn them on.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:32 AM
RogerParrett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do Futaba recievers save servo sub-trim information?

Thanks Bax... Once I cycled power on the RX, everything operated as expected. No issues now.