Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

12FGA 2.4 or 10CAG 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 09:45 AM
F.Imbriaco
My Feedback: (56)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 12FGA 2.4 or 10CAG 2.4

The 12FGA 2.4 has conditions , the 10CAG 2.4 doesn't. Which would yield the best accuracy through out the full range of motion when using dual elevator servos ? I see they now both use the R6014HS RX . Also, the 1-6 channels ( with the 6014HS) for digitals require which channels for dual elevator servos and dual aileron servos? Thanks
Old 07-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 12FGA 2.4 or 10CAG 2.4

Conditions have nothing to do with "accuracy". Conditions are setups for different aspects of a model's flight capabilities. The higher-level transmitters can basically allow you to have up to eight very different setups for each model. Each condition can have up to six dual rates, so you can have up to 48 dual rates in a single model. Conditions would be setups for takeoff and landing, Mild aerobatics, 3-D aerobatics, show-style setups, scale-type flying, and so on. You're limited by your imagination.

As far as "accuracy" is concerned, both the 10C and 12FG have the same level of control resolution when transmitting in multi-mode, which the R6014HS receiver uses. When you desire to use the receiver's high-speed mode, you will have to set up your system so that the channels you want to have the high-speed mode are in channels 1 through 6.

Please note that the high-speed mode does not improve speed of reaction or resolution of the servos. It only allows digital servos to reach their full holding power sooner than they would in regular mode. This is also most likely most usable by heli flyers who are performing high-speed, high-stress, wild 3D-type aerobatics. Top-level airplane flyers can detect no difference in feel when flying in high-speed mode versus regular mode. You'd have to be whipping the servos very quickly under high loads to notice much of a difference.