Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

12FG Exponential Setting Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 04:03 PM
JCINTEXAS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 12FG Exponential Setting Question

I'm still trying to figure out how to set up the programming on my 12FGA transmitter. I have a very basic question. I want to use exponential to desensitize elevator, aileron, and rudder functions around neutral. So do I want to set the curve rates at plus or minus? I'm thinking it should be set at +70%. Is this correct? If not, what would be a good differential setting?
Thank you
JC
Old 09-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 12FG Exponential Setting Question

Use negative exponential. Positive will make the controls more sensitive near center.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:19 AM
JCINTEXAS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Bax

Use negative exponential. Positive will make the controls more sensitive near center.
__________________________________________________ ____
Bax,
Thank you. Please advise as to what would be a good negative exponential setting to start with. Would -20% be OK for a low-wing aerobatic model?
Regards
JC
Old 09-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I varies with the airplane. -20% to -30% would be good numbers to start with, and go from there. If you have large control surfaces with a large amount of movement, then perhaps a bit more expo would be desired.