Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

futaba R6106FHC range ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 11:05 AM
bassmanh
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default futaba R6106FHC range ?

hi,

link= http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXNA3&P=0

i am looking at the new futaba R6106FHC mid range RX's and was wondering what the range actually is? all it says on towers webpage is its good for planes in the 50 inch class.

i have a couple planes i would like to use these in like my electrostik and my pulse xt but want to make sure im not going to lose them with this RX. when i fly these planes they get out there almost as far as my bigger nitro stuff.

thanks for any help/info

EDIT = i just found this on futabas site so i dont know what it means LOL

Most* also offer the reception plus of Dual Antenna Diversity, which automatically selects the antenna with the strongest signal. And all (except the R616FFM for park flyers) are full-range receivers suitable for virtually all applications.

bassman
Old 10-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: futaba R6106FHC range ?

All Futaba states is this:

"Ideal for carbon fuselage sailplanes, and the 50" wingspan class of airplanes."

That means that if you keep the wingspan at 50" or smaller, and you can see the model, you will likely be in range. Futaba does not give specific range numbers.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:47 AM
bassmanh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm,

so we are supposed to guess and hope for the best ? LOL i think its time to sell my 7c and buy a new hitec optic 6 wich comes with 2 rx's for $100.00 less than what i paid for my 7C .

ME= whats the range of the new R6106hfc rx?

FUTABA= ?????? uh uh uh i dont know put it in the plane and see if flies or crashes. bad buisness futaba if you put out a product at least know/give out the specs for it before you put it on the market !!!!!!!

bassman
Old 10-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Bax

A "full-range" receiver means that it can be used for virtually any R/C aircraft model. As long as the model is in direct line of sight, and can be seen well-enough to be controlled by the modeler, then it will be in range of the transmitter. Model size is not a consideration. However, please note that no actual distance is given. It cannot be because of the large number of factors that can affect what signal the receiver gets.

Receivers that have a more-limited range have other specifics. "Park Flyers" are models usually flown within the area of a baseball or soccer field or so, and would not have range for much larger distances. "Mid-range" receivers will have more range, but are still limited. That's why Futaba mentions the 50" wingspan for the R6106FHC receiver.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:03 AM
jrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why does wingspan has to do with range. People can fly 50" plane far away and 100" very close(3D).
Old 07-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Bax

It has to do with the fact that you can see larger airplanes when they are farther away. So the average person's ability to see a 50" model is the basic range of the receiver.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:42 AM
jrotor

everyone's eye sight is different
Old 07-14-2010, 08:21 PM
ss_camaro69
My Feedback: (9)

Wow... I gotta say, I hope you guys are just kidding... because you're getting ridiculous!  ...or hopefully just joking around with Futaba!  What Bax is saying makes sense... but I guess you can pick on it if you're that bored or dense. 
Old 07-14-2010, 10:31 PM
jrotor

Hmm,.. why can't Futaba tell the range specificaation in distance, not wingspan ? I've never heard of any receiver/Radio spec that mention about wingspan. Then why not fuselage length ?
Jet has smaller wingspan but longer fuselage. I think it's easier to see 50" WS jet than 50" WS cub.
I think Futaba is not telling us something.