Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

6014HS Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 08:58 PM
cfv007
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6014HS Question

I fly a 33% Comp ARF Yak. I have 4 aileron servos, 2 elevator and 2 rudder servos. All digital. My throttle is a digital servo as well. What receiver would you recommend? I have the 14ch 12Z transmitter. The 6014HS sounds nice but only ch. 1-6 are high speed and I certainly do not want to use any Matchboxes or Y-harnesses. Knowing that - it seems my only option is the 6014FS which if Im not mistaken has been discontinued. Im not quite sure what the reason is for only 6 channels being HS. Why not have (2) 14 channel receivers, one highspeed and one regular? It only makes sense.

Thanks,
Charles
Old 10-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 6014HS Question

For your model, you'd use four channels for the aileron servos and two channels for the elevator servos. That ccounts for the six high-speed channels. The rudder normally doesn't require the high-speed signal, nor would any of the other channels.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:36 PM
jowens1972
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I configure the mixes to override that throttle/rudder stick should not control channels 3/4 but 7/8 as you suggested?
Old 10-30-2009, 08:55 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have the Futaba 12FG, 12Z, or 14MZ transmitters, when you set up the model, you can tell the transmitter which channels are using which functions. However, please realize that the high-speed mode really doesn't give much of any advantage for airplanes. It really only helps 3D-type heli flyers. Airplane flyers of the highest competition levels haven't noticed any change in performance when they've tried high-speed mode.

If you don't have one of those transmitters, then you won't be able to re-configure your installation to take advantage of the first six channels in high-speed mode.