Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Radio check up

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 04:51 PM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radio check up

I have a 7C Fasst system I bought 2 years ago. I have had it in constant use since I bought it and have added 8 more R617FS receivers to it, 4 in the first year. I have not had one problem with it. Cycling the tx's battery it still has 95% of its capacity and it holds its charge well. When do you think I should send it in for a check up and should the receivers that are more than one year old also be sent in?

Bruce
Old 12-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Radio check up

Annually is a good idea, but if you perform careful range checks before each flying session, you'll be alerted to potential difficulties. As long as the receivers haven't been subjected to a crash or other form of severe impact, and you get good range checks, you should be OK. If you have any doubts, though, we'll be glad to check out anything you want us to see.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:16 PM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Radio check up

Bax, thanks for the reply. I will send it in January with the older receivers. For one thing, I would like the modification that allows a battery cycler to be used with the transmitter without removing the battery.

Bruce