Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

12FG trainer with 9C

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 12:42 PM
Hot Rod Todd
My Feedback: (1)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 12FG trainer with 9C

I would like to use my 9C as a student transmitter with my 12FG. I am aware of the special trainer cord. My question involves the channels. My 12FG is currently on a jet with 10 channels being used, many due to mixes such as dual ailerons and elevator. Is it possible to set up the link with the 9C in a way that will allow me to fly the plane with the trainer cord?
Old 12-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 12FG trainer with 9C

The 9C will only control 8 functions, since it's in PPM mode when using the trainer functions. So 2 of the channels in teh 12FG can't be used. Also, the channel order in the 12FG will have to be altered so that the 9C function as the student. Both transmitters have to have all functions on the same channels. That means that the special channel order the 12FG generates cannot be used. The 9C cannot have the channels ordered to match the 12FG, so you must change the 12FG.