Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Program the VR control - 10C (or 9C)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 06:50 PM
rfk1381
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Program the VR control - 10C (or 9C)

With 10C (or 9C) how does one program the VR control in order to shift its output so that it is 0% at one end of the slider, 50% at center (where it beeps) and 100% at the other end of the slider (rather than its standard ourputs of -100%, 0% and 100%)?

Several years ago I had bought the Traplett publication "Programming the 9C" and this exact programming example was in the book. Now I cannot remember how it was programmed and unfortunately I no longer have that book.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Program the VR control - 10C (or 9C)

With your transmitter, you already have what you want. Just move the VR to one end of its travel and set the ATV where you need to put it to move the servo to the correct position. Move the VR to the opposite end and adjust the ATV.

With Futaba, 100% on some transmitters is 0% on the Futaba, 50% on the others (center) is 0% on the Futaba, and 100% on others is -100% on the Futaba.

You don't "shift" the output of the transmitter, but shift your thinking a little bit.

So, for example, you want to set up flaps. Set the VR to its center position so that the servo is centered. Set the flap to its 1/2-down position (or 50% flaps). Move the VR to where you want the flaps fully-retracted. Adjust the endpoint to move the control surface to the retracted position (flaps up). Now move the VR to the full flaps-down position and adjust the endpoint to get the correct positioning. You'll find that the endpoint numbers will be different, and one will be a "+" percentage and the other a "-" percentage. The 1/2-flaps position will be the "0" percentage in your transmitter.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:16 PM
rfk1381
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Program the VR control - 10C (or 9C)

Duh!Of course! Why didn't I remember this?

Thanks, Bax!