Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba Fasst information wanted

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 05:38 PM
aa2dd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba Fasst information wanted

Hi All

I have been considering buying a 2.4 fasst module for my Futaba 12FG. After doing some research, I note many posts talking about special mounting methods for the fasst receivers to avoid heat problems. This is making me feel that perhaps this conversion may not be a good idea for me, as I live and fly in central Florida, where it tends to get "hot" at times. Also an advisory from Bax pertaining to being careful about heat. Has anyone had problems with these receivers when using them in "warm" areas?

Bax?

Help!!!

aa2dd

Bruce

Old 01-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba Fasst information wanted

If you have one of the original-series receivers, just keep the equpment below 140 degrees F. That's also the upper temperature limit for NiCd and NiMH battery packs. You won't have any problems if you don't have the equpment directly exposed to the sun under a canopy in an unventilated fuselage. The only people we know of who had difficulties had giant-scale airplanes were in the Desert Southwest with the receivers directly under the canopy, left out in the hot sun on the flight line. Some of them had the canister mufflers from their engines inside the fuselage without insulated tunnels.

Please see our advisory for installation.

If you have a brand-new system, there should be no difficulties, but do avoid things that would encourage the receiver to become too hot to touch!
Old 01-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Guillermo Ibanez
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Bax

If you have one of the original-series receivers, just keep the equpment below 140 degrees F. That's also the upper temperature limit for NiCd and NiMH battery packs. You won't have any problems if you don't have the equpment directly exposed to the sun under a canopy in an unventilated fuselage. The only people we know of who had difficulties had giant-scale airplanes were in the Desert Southwest with the receivers directly under the canopy, left out in the hot sun on the flight line. Some of them had the canister mufflers from their engines inside the fuselage without insulated tunnels.

Please see our advisory for installation.

If you have a brand-new system, there should be no difficulties, but do avoid things that would encourage the receiver to become too hot to touch!
Hi Bill:

My receiver is a 6014FS with the white dot.

I understand that the white dot is an improvement regarding temperature issues?

BRG

Old 01-13-2010, 06:14 PM
aa2dd

Bax ...

Thanks for the reply. You have answered my questions.

thanks again

Bruce