Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

12fg and proper flap setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 04:09 AM
forrest gump

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 12fg and proper flap setup

Hi all.
I am trying to set up flaps on my fully moulded glider and want to do it properly.I have been advised to use small horns on the servo (S3150)to allow good resolution.I need therefore to use the full servo movement to my advantage and offset the servos centre point effectivly to give about 20 degrees movement in one direction for up flap and the rest about 70degrees or whatevers left to activate down flap.It has to be a sort of permanent setup as they will be acting as ailerons/snap flap etc in the usual way.

In short to sumise i want to alter the center point of the servo with a mix to fool the tx into giving the servo an offset movement ,large one dircetion and small the other.

I hope you can help and i am sure the 12fg can do it...well i hope it can as thats why i bought it..thanks in advance..FG
Old 02-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 12fg and proper flap setup

If you didn't have ailerons in the mix, you wouldn't need to use a mix to change the centering of the servo. Just go into the Model Menu, and then the AFR section. Now, adjust the OFFSET to move the center to the desired point. Then, reset RATE A and RATE B to give you the desired endpoints.

In your case, you don't want to use any kind of offset or mix or otherwise. What you want to do is go into the Linkage Menu, and then the Function section. Set the CAMBER function to the desired control (switch, stick, knob, or lever). Now, go into the Model Menu and turn on the Camber Mix. If you want it on all the time, just leave the switch selection blank. If you want a switch to turn it on and off, as desired, then assign it a switch. Now, go into the different sections (aileron, flap, elevator) to set how they behave. Set the Camber AFR so that the function's endpoints are located as you desire them.

Let's use a 3-position switch as our activator, for example. That's the control we'll set the Camber Function on. Set the servos to be perfectly-centered so that the aileron function is not affected. With the Camber AFR, you set the switch position away from you to be the reflexed flaps, and so we'll start out with RATE A at 20%. With the switch centered, we'll have the flaps at the neutral position. Wth the switch pulled towards us, we'll set RATE B at 60% for the flaps "Down" movement. Of course, RATE A and RATE B have to be set so that the controls behave the way you want them to behave.

The elevator portion of the Camber Mix adjusts elevator compensation, so you set its RATE A and RATE B so that the elevator moves to compensate for the flaps positions.

You don't need to play games with special mixing or with off-center servo arms. Just make sure that the servo arm is 90-degrees to the pushrod when it's at neutral and the controls and trims (and sub-trim) are all set to 0.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:04 PM
forrest gump

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 12fg and proper flap setup

Thanks Bax i will go and play now...FG