Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

6EX 2.4 zero guid question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Pit-Viper 1
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6EX 2.4 zero guid question.

I have been using my 6EX 2.4 radio since about the time they came out and recently found out that I have one with the zero guid feature.. I had it tested at AbellRC where they were equipped with a test receiver. I had problems trying to bind one of the new R6106HF receivers.

My question is where do I send it in to get fixed or replaced? It said on the form when testing to send to Greatplanes but that was from a couple years ago or should I send it here instead?,
Hobby Services
3002 N. Apollo Drive, Suite #1
Champaign, IL 61822

Thanks for the help,

Shane

Old 02-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 6EX 2.4 zero guid question.

You would send the equipment to us:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1131517/tm.htm
Old 02-23-2010, 01:24 PM
danbartee

I also have a early 6ex bought in 07, been down for two years, I had a problem which resulted in damage to heli, will futaba fix that issue too?!! un bound in use.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Pit-Viper 1
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: danbartee

I also have a early 6ex bought in 07, been down for two years, I had a problem which resulted in damage to heli, will futaba fix that issue too?!! un bound in use.
Not sure about unbinding, I never had that problem other than when I had left the radio on accidentally. I had to rebind all receivers at that point. But I do know that if you have one with the same problem as mine, if someone else had one at your field and switched it on it would cause problems. Same results as being on the same frequency channel on an FM radio. I would've never known about mine if I hadn't had a problem binding a new receiver to it. All 6 R617FS receivers I have bind fine, but when I tried to bind the new R6106HF 6-Channel it wouldn't work. I can't remember where the list is located, but it shows the names of all participating hobby shops that have the receiver used to test your radio. I know there were a few in Texas. I will see if I can find it again.

Shane
Old 02-24-2010, 09:47 AM
Bax

We're happy to check any system. There is no reason that we can think of where a transmitter and receiver would become unlinked while in flight...no reason at all, short of a catastrophic failure in the processor.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:30 PM
danbartee

I've used futaba since 1984 and nothing else, first 2.4 system , I realy thought The heli had a mech. issue I did find a swash issue that would explain the little mishap only to get shot down by the Defenders, I'm trying to make sure I dont have a miss hap with the new plane either.I am learning new things every day, Was out of hobby for 7 years or so,and the new stuff soundedso great when I went to the hobbie shop a got some of the new stuff, So fare a absent minded person in the factory not putting the required guleon a comp/metal swash forgot it all together and when itsall said and done its my problemand my fault,only to find out throughdifferent forums that the first thing you do isQ.C. anew product or risking all you have worked for, and there are warningsout there for the suspect parts. I know what Align( their repswhat ever) said, hoping the radio thing is not going to be a serious issue, Two separate issues bought at the same shop, found forums,posts,& warnings on the net, Im glad I finally got on the computer and found some good info before I could risk another 1200 worth of my new plane. It could have been real ugly!!!!!! Never had a issue with myFutaba Radio's not ever not one, after reading some of this sites stuff, theres about 1 million ways to excuse anything. Can Futaba plug the radio in and get a opperational record, my 6ex cant have moore than 90-120 minutes on time, only got about 10-15 flights 5 min each. does the magic prossessor record a history, anyway just a little twisted about going all in with new stuff and having big issues right out of the box. Got a 7 uap super in 95 from tower.mabe 20 flights on system no crashes not ascratchon it,looks brand new , the orginal box & instruction manual are a little faded, I trust that radio moore than the new one and its atleast 15 years old.lolololololoolol Dont mean to step on toes.At this rate I'll be out of the hobbie pretty quick if Im not carefull.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Bax

The systems do not keep an internal log. The only memory is for the model settings.