Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

12FG Software Compatibility

Old 02-22-2010, 04:02 AM
lesterpk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12FG Software Compatibility

Hi, I have a 72mhz 12FG with software v1.1, and a friend I am trying to help with his, which is 2.4G and v1.3.
Question 1 is, can I send him a SD card with some template's and model files on and will he be able to read them?
Question 2, if no to the above, can I download from the card using the pc backup software and email to him, will he be able to read them?
Thanks, Les.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 12FG Software Compatibility

Model files will transfer with no difficulties. However, he will have to change the frequency. The transmitter will likely give a message about a mis-match in the transmitter module. Just continue, and go into the transmitter, then go into the frequency section and change it to 2.4 GHz FASST. The frequency is saved in the model data.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:58 PM
lesterpk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 12FG Software Compatibility

Thanks Bax, looks like the easiest way to get him started off will be to send him a card with some of my model files (6 servo gliders) on and he can adjust from there.
Absolutely love this radio.
Thanks, Les.