Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

12FGA Files Transfer

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 09:53 PM
JCINTEXAS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 12FGA Files Transfer

Bax,
I've had my 12FGA for a year, and still don't know most of the things it can do. Reading, and rereading the Owner's Manual hasn't done it for me.
In answering a different question you said: "Model files will transfer with no difficulties."
Expanding on this...could a person who owns a 12FGA, set up all the programming such as Dual Rates, Exponential, Condition 1,2, Switch assignment...etc. and then copy this on an SD card and send it to someone else who has just purchased a 12FGA? The person receiving the SD card then inserts it into his new transmitter....and PRESTO, his new transmitter is now set up the same as the one who sent him the SD card? If this can be done, it opens the door for FUTABA (or a 3rd Party who really knows how to set up transmitters)....to do custom programming as a service. Can this be done? If so, do you know of anyone who offers this service? I would sure be willing to pay to have my transmitter programmed. I would also be willing to pay for an instructional video DVD or Computer Disk with step-by-step instructions on how to program my transmitter.
Regards
JC
Old 02-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 12FGA Files Transfer

If anyone has a model set up on their 12FG transmitter, they can send the model memory to anyone else with a 12FG transmitter and it will work. The model file can be sent via email or the card, itself, can be sent. Several models are already set up on the Futaba Flyers' club website. They are for the 14MZ, but most will transfer if their names are shortened to 8 characters.

We don't know of anyone who programs systems for a fee. Usually, the programming is very straightforward for almost any model. You just need to think in terms of Functions, and not channels. You decide how the functions will work, write out a programming outline that details the functions' operation and interaction and the programming usually becomes clear from there.

The Futaba Flyers' Club website also has a few articles on model setup.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:53 AM
helijetfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The model file can be sent via email
I recently received an email model file from a japanese friend (he has a T12Z 2.4Ghz and assume it is a japanese version)

Using or not the "MODELDATACONVERSION" utility, I transfered this file into my T14 2.4GHz (European Tx with original european RF module)
The process runs smoothly.

Selecting this model, I get the error message: RF MODULEMISMATCH (no problem with any other models stored or copied from my backup T12FG and vice-versa)
Impossible to put the RF module in function. (RANGECHECK is also not present in SYSTEMmenu)
It possible to edit any of the model parameters.

I also tried the same process into my T12FG (also using the files utiliies MDCand FFS) and have the same issue.

Is there a way to solve this?
Or do I have to manually copy all the datas?

Thanks
Old 06-28-2010, 08:35 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The model memory contains information that the RF module is not on the 2.4 GHz frequency band. You need to go into the Frequency section of the Linkage Menu and change the RF type to the 2.4 GHz Multi-mode or 7-channel mode. Then it should be OK.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:58 AM
helijetfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to go into the Frequency section of the Linkage Menu and change the RF type to the 2.4 GHz Multi-mode or 7-channel mode
This is what I already did.

It keeps looping inside this menu:

2.4GHz GENERAL
FASST7CH

Mismatch freq. change frequency YES
2.4GHz General ENTER
7 channel ENTER
Mismatch freq. change frequency YES etc

Finaly I found a way:

Select model
Mismatch frequency Change frequency YES
2.4GHz General ENTER