Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Binding Question R6008HS 8-Channel Receiver

Old 08-15-2010, 06:52 PM
JCINTEXAS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Binding Question R6008HS 8-Channel Receiver

Hi Bax,
I have a new Futaba R6008HS 2.4GHz FASST 8-Channel Receiver which refuses to "bind" with my Futaba 7C 2.4GHz transmitter. Repeated attempts have failed. The receiver seems to bind OK with my 12FG transmitter. The green LED on the receiver is solid green with the 12FG, but remains solid red with the 7C. The receiver won't bind with the 7C transmitter whether the receiver is in the High Speed or Normal mode. I'm thinking maybe I should send the receiver to Futaba to have it checked before I put it in the air. What do you advise?
Regards
JC (FASSTFLIER)
Old 08-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Binding Question R6008HS 8-Channel Receiver

The 8-channel receiver will not link with your 7C, 7-channel transmitter because they are not compatible. The 7-channel transmitter will link only with 7-channel, 6-channel, and 4-channel FASST aircraft receivers. To link to an 8-channel or higher receiver, you need an 8-channel or higher transmitter (or transmitter module).

There are two modes in a Futaba 2.4 GHz FASST transmitter of 8-channels or higher, 7-channel mode and Multi-mode. The 8-channel receiver requires that the transmitter be in Multi-mode. The Futaba 7C will only transmit in 7-channel mode.