Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Battery Low Cut off Voltage

Old 08-15-2010, 08:21 PM
sbenter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Low Cut off Voltage

Ok I know it's not "Recommended" or should I say "Blessed by Futaba" to put a Lipo battery in my 8FG transmitter but I was frustrated having to recharge every 5 flights or so with the standard battery and really only a 700mHa battery in a new transmitter in this day and age. I can fly all week long now and only have to charge once a week. With that said are there any plans to update the software to adjust the low battery cut off/ Alarm so that we who do use the Lipo wont have to worry about damaging a battery? I love the radio it has all you can ask for in a 2.4gHz radio but I think there should have been an upgrade to the lack luster transmitter battery that came with it.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:54 PM
sbenter

Default RE: Battery Low Cut off Voltage

Sorry I made a mistake on the mha for the standard battery 1700mha battery. This is still only a nimh battery so the self discharge rate is much higher then a Lipo.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:16 PM
sbenter

With how easy it is to update the software in the 8FG can I at least request the ability to adjust the low voltage cut off/alarm for the Transmitter battery. This wouldn't have to be a "Futaba endorsement" for the use of another battery more like an inhancment.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Futaba only recommends the use of the stock battery pack, so the software will only accomodate that. Any other type of battery pack is at the user's own risk.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:40 PM
sbenter

With liability laws the way they are I guess I couldn't expect anything else. [:-]