Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Struggling with OS55GT

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Aresti-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Struggling with OS55GT

Well after some days of tinkering I guess it is time to ask for help. My OS55GT has approximately one gallon of gas through. The original CDI gave up the ghost after a couple of tanks and it has been in Japan for guarantee since then. I installed a DLE55 ignition I had lying around but I have been struggling with transition.

Idle is good, top speed also. But any intention to transition through mid range makes the engine "hunt" rpms down. If I persist with throttle it would struggle up and down 4 to 6 times until finally settle at high speed. The transition will be OK if I keep the throttle up, but any intention to fly more than a couple of seconds at 1/4 throttle or lower will welcome a new struggle in mid throttle.

I tried to tweak the lo speed needle, but if I richen it then it would load up and not accelerate up until it clears (i.e. rich mid throttle for a couple of seconds even with the throttle stick all way up) If I close the l-s needle a little bit the engine would not start.

I didn't touch the hall sensor from the original position.

Any ideas?
Old 11-29-2010, 10:06 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Struggling with OS55GT

Start off by confirming your static timing with a degree wheel

28 degrees before top dead center

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBXFpxWg7vY