Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Zenoah G26 Question

Old 12-01-2010, 05:43 PM
DougB1
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zenoah G26 Question

I have gone threw all the gas forum and can't find this but seen it some place but can't find it. On the carb of the G26 at the front cover is a little hole that allows pressure for the diapram ( I think this is correct) and seen someplace where a guy when doing loops the engine would die and someone told him to place a small cover ( not sealed) over the hole so air would not put to much pressure on it. Am I mistaken or has anyone else seen this or had it happen to them. I am having this happen to mine.
Thanks
Old 12-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Zenoah G26 Question

Walbro carbs use atmospheric pressure to activate the inlet needle diaphragm...More than atmospheric pressure affects how it works..
A fitting can be put in the hole to run a tube into still air inside the fuselage...An extra cover over the stock cover usually works just as well, just space it with a washer under each screw...
Old 12-01-2010, 06:37 PM
The Ghost

ORIGINAL: DougB1

I have gone threw all the gas forum and can't find this but seen it some place but can't find it. On the carb of the G26 at the front cover is a little hole that allows pressure for the diapram ( I think this is correct) and seen someplace where a guy when doing loops the engine would die and someone told him to place a small cover ( not sealed) over the hole so air would not put to much pressure on it. Am I mistaken or has anyone else seen this or had it happen to them. I am having this happen to mine.
Thanks
The other way is to set it up is to use a static tube attached to the reg diaphram housing with some tube.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91334.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	1529085   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27179.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	678.3 KB
ID:	1529086   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk17669.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	533.7 KB
ID:	1529087  
Old 12-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was trying to look at a picture that took up about 2 city blocks when I got to the bottom where it said "click for full size". Just about dropped the laptop out of fright. The darn thing would wrap around the house after clicking that note.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:35 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you click on it the picture becomes a reasonable size
Old 12-02-2010, 02:44 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The static tube is my favorite. Fit it, tune the engine, fly and make final carb adjustments as needed due to regulating diaphragm mass.
In updraught carbs the engine will lean out in loops. In downdraught carbs the engine will go rich. Slight tweaking of the high needle cures this.
Side draught seems to be best. This happens if the carb is fitted on top of, or below the engine.
In this post, draught direction is defined by the fuel flow from the jets into the carb throat. Not the airflow into the engine.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:47 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: w8ye

If you click on it the picture becomes a reasonable size
Yes....sometimes.....and sometimes worse. When is this going to be fixed???? Thanks, ....one of your cutomers..........
Old 12-04-2010, 01:17 PM
The Ghost

Tired Old Man,
Not my fault, just uploaded as usual and that is what happened, used to happen a couple of years ago as well and then they fixed it, I could not go on the site for two days as all I got was 'site under maintenance' and then this happened.

Cheers