Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1695

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: What Aircraft are you installing your DLE20

Where is a good place to pick up a rcexl box to try on my DLE 20? Brian

Brian P. Smith Bismith2@hotmail.com
    AMA 1044 IMAA 21141 W4BPS <><

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Brian Smith

Where is a good place to pick up a rcexl box to try on my DLE 20? Brian

I presume that you want the ignition for the DLE 55?

If so, Valley View R/C

http://www.valleyviewrc.com/estore/

Great service.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Try a C&H Ignition - it's smaller & lighter - from . . . . adrianc4u@msn.com . . . . A great guy - know he'll help you

T-man49
    Club Saito #723

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RCEXTREMEPOWER, i replaced mine on both, much better, but you can go up to 35 degree static (comes that way i guess, both of mine did) and just right, little more sensitive to tune but that's it.
    RCEXTREMEPOWER is an RCEXL unit with another sticker and comes with all accessory's and a tester for these ignitions systems with hall sensor.
    Someone wants my DLE #4 20 cc unit ???, i trade for a # 1 or 2 unit.
    Michael
    Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood member 26

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

double post, sorry
    Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood member 26

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Goldwing Extra 300LP, 65" w.s., about 8.5 lbs. dry, Xoar 17/6. I have a brand new dle 20 installed with 4 tanks of fuel burned so far, needles are still very close to stock position. The so called advance curve has been a non issue for me so far. Yes, it hesitates a little before it comes down to full low idle, but nothing that can keep me from landing safely and taxing. Only incident so far happened this morning when engine quit in flight, but fortunately I was flying fairly high at the moment with plenty of time to glide down to a perfect landing. At first I was really concerned thinking something might be wrong with the engine, possibly the ignition but then I found out I forgot to secure the switch to ignition connector and it had vibrated loose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fd92074.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	1664952   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rm36464.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	359.7 KB 
ID:	1664953  
    I'm only in it for the money...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Got it hung today. I work slow and get side tracked easly so this won't have a end result for anyone soon but I found only one mention of anyone concidering this plane for this engine and I contacted him and he has done it yet. So I figured I would get started.

Sig P-51b ARF 66.9 in wing span
    .90-1.00 4 stroke glow recomended

Name:	Jg14237.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	1664956  
    He who dies with the most toys wins!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sharp looking model ya got!

ORIGINAL: Planeclothes

............................. The so called advance curve has been a non issue for me so far. Yes, it hesitates a little before it comes down to full low idle, but nothing that can keep me from landing safely and taxing..............
    Congratulations!
    THAT is exactly how the majority of DLE20 owners view this non-issue of the odd advance curve the DLE20 comes with.

This DLE20 has celebrated it's first full year since introduction, and has sold over 3,000. Only in
    the very recent months have some expressed issue with the uniqueness of the DLE20 ign advance curve/idle.

Tuned correctly, idle set to 1700 rpm, proper throttle linkage, and there is NO idle down issue related to the odd ign adance curve!

It comes down to 3 approaches;
    1.) Setup correctly it's NOT an issue, so live with it.
    2.) If needed, use your Tx's "Idle-down" feature.
    3.) Spend extra money ($$$) and swap out a perfectly good ign for a different one.
    {which btw is costing some about $80 shipped, making THEIR DLE20 about $40 MORE than a DLE30 costs}

Idle-down gives two idle settings. If yours is slow to idle down then that'll allow you to force your idle down for landing.
    The DLE20 can idle at around 1700 rpm, but I like mine at 1800. I set my idle-down to 1900-2000 rpm, just below the problem range,
    which starts at 2200 rpm.

My reference to getting one properly tuned is that many with an idle issue don't have the LS/HS needles set correctly, and theirs are
    running at a higher rpm for idle than they should, and they often have the idle issue related to the advance curve Jody's mentioned.

Improperly tuned, with an idle of near 2200 rpm, and yes, THEN you'll have issues with the odd advance curve.

Get these to idle in the 1700-1800 rpm range, idle screw removed, correct throttle linkage, and a good quality throttle servo, and there's
    zero problems related to the odd advance curve issue...none!

IF you can't get the idle down where it should be, THEN try the "Idle-down" feature on your tx.

The "idle-down" feature is a trick some gas 3D flyers use. Some manuvers are a bit extreme and they found the regular idle setting would
    cause flame outs. Easy fix was to set two idle settings, one for flight (higher), one for landing (lower).
    Jim L.
    Learn from the mistakes of others.You won,t live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mr67Stang,

Don't forget to remove that idle screw!
    You'll set idle from your Tx.
    Jim L.
    Learn from the mistakes of others.You won,t live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree with A-1 and all the others, that throttle linkage is key to all the idle and linear response issues, as well as break in time. I have almost completely eliminated these issues with readjusting my linkage and after 2 gal of fuel(lot's of flying this summer) my dle's idle around 1800-1900 and idle down just fine. There is just enough delay that I can chop the throttle on final and have it drop back on the flair. Why spend another $80 on something thats not needed, when you could put that $ toward another DLE
    If what you believed to be true was false would you want to know the truth?

"You shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free".

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, I'm all set to do some tuning this weekend on my Pulse 125. I really didn't like the look of the cowl all cut up to fit the stock exhaust so I went with the smaller jtec and it fit beautifully other than the outlets being about 1.5" to long.
    Looking forward to my first gas experience.

Name:	Ec89987.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	1665098   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	To43448.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	1665099  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice looking plane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: nefariousrc

*Well, I'm all set to do some tuning this weekend on my Pulse 125. *I really didn't like the look of the cowl all cut up to fit the stock exhaust so I went with the smaller jtec and it fit beautifully other than the outlets being about 1.5'' to long.

That looks really nice. I think the exhaust looks fine. Look at this way, if you are using 32:1 oil, you will have a few black specs coming out of the exhaust, so the extra length will keep most of it off your plane.

I had the Pulse 40 with an OS 46 and then changed to an OS 55 (not a big difference). It was my second plane and I really loved it. After almost 300 flights, I lost it to a bad battery, I think. My son wants the exact set-up you have. If you get a chance, let us know how it flies.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: a1pcfixer

Mr67Stang,

Don't forget to remove that idle screw!
    You'll set idle from your Tx.
    Thanks for the tip. I usually set my idle with the Tx so that I can just close the trim and shut the engine down like you would a glow engine anyway. Hopefully this engine will allow this. I will be running the APC 14x10 pattern prop on this plane so I should not have a problem getting the idle thrust low enough for landing. Just no prop braking provided so the flaps ought to make up for that.
    He who dies with the most toys wins!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mesaflyer

Well, I'm all set to do some tuning this weekend on my Pulse 125. I really didn't like the look of the cowl all cut up to fit the stock exhaust so I went with the smaller jtec and it fit beautifully other than the outlets being about 1.5'' to long.

That looks really nice. I think the exhaust looks fine. Look at this way, if you are using 32:1 oil, you will have a few black specs coming out of the exhaust, so the extra length will keep most of it off your plane...
    Actually, I've already cut some length off. I cut roughly 2" off but if I had to do it again I'd leave them about .5" longer.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have my DLE 20 in a Seagull Spacewalker 120...It is great match..It is a little loud though..Our field has a 95 decibel limit and mine was putting out 94 decibels..I made a little baffle out of a plumbing fitting to diffuse the noise and it dropped the sound 4 decibeles with out a noticble loss in power...4 decibels is quite a noticble drop in sound..It takes that sharp edge off...I am amazed at how much power the DLE 20 has...It seems to me it has more power than my OS Max 1.20...This is my first gas motor and I am finding the throtle takes some getting used to... Most of the rpm change seems to happen on the first 1/2 of the stick..I guess this could be adujsted with the throtle curve on my radio..I did notice when you throtle down it dosent throtle down all at once...It hesitates for a few seconds then drops the rest of the way...It hasent bothered me so far...As long as the RPMS are down where they should be when I want to touch down...You have to allow for the lag though because the walker is a floater...The Dle runs forever on a tank of gas ,I have a 20 oz tank which is far bigger than it needs...I had planned on using a Saito 1.80 and was told it was a very thirsty motor so I installed a large tank...Then I decided the 1.80 was too much motor and went for the DLE 20...For sure in this plane the DLE 20 is a better match...The motor comes with a little fiber throtle arm extenion..I did not know what it was at first...I thought it was some kind of gasket... This little arm is supposto help in the linkage instalation...The throtle and choke were the only parts of the motor instalation that gave me any problems at all..The stock motor mount worked fine ...Over all I am happy with my DLE 20 and am planning on getting another one for my Hanger 9 Pulse 125 ...I would be interested in seeing how others have overcome the throtle linkage issue on the pulse...Curently I have a OS max 1.20 on my Pulse...I am also building another Tiger 60 this winter..I might just stick the DLE on it as the Tiger usually needs extra nose weight . The DLE 20 and batt might just do it...A different muffler might be nice..
    Cheers Ultra sport brother#100
    Ken , Biker BC Cub Brother #6 Ultra Sport Brother # 100 Tiger Club # 7 Pulse Brother # 1 Sig Brother # 58 Top Flight Brother # 9

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bikerbc

..............................This is my first gas motor and I am finding the throtle takes some getting used to... Most of the rpm change seems to happen on the first 1/2 of the stick..I guess this could be adujsted with the throtle curve on my radio.............................The motor comes with a little fiber throtle arm extenion..I did not know what it was at first...I thought it was some kind of gasket... This little arm is supposto help in the linkage instalation.....................................
    As you found out, that little fiber part is to extend your throttle arm.

You need to mount the linkage in the throttle servo arm nearer to the shaft, and at the carb/arm out farther, so you'll then have better throttle control.

If each arm has say 4 holes, at the servo it might be in the 2nd hole closest to the servo shaft.
    At the carb/arm, it'd be connected in hole 4 the outer most hole.

This photo is of a profile, but might show what ya need.

Once ya get your throttle linkages corrected, you'll get a more linear throttle response and little -or- no throttle curve in the tx will be needed.

Also makes the idle down issue into a NON issue. [ see post #1107 above]

Also;
    since this is your first gasser, how to tune the LS/HS needles will be helpfull

Jody's gas engine tuning tips (pdf files);
    http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10293852
    Jim L.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

*Well, I'm all set to do some tuning this weekend on my Pulse 125. *I really didn't like the look of the cowl all cut up to fit the stock exhaust so I went with the smaller jtec and it fit beautifully other than the outlets being about 1.5'' to long.

Really nice install on that Pulse 125 ..... almost banging my head I didn't get that plane myself when I had the option.
    Raptor 50 Nitro heli - OS50 Hyper
    56\" Yak54 w/ ASP.61 2 stroke, 73" gas Sbach 342, H9 P51 blue nose in progress (with DLE20)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

As soon as it gets here on the long boat from china i plan on putting my new dle 20 on this!!! a profile sbach 342 !! green and black from sds hobby for some reason i cant post a picture of it???

Founder (of nothing)
    Building a hangar 1 stick at a time!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mwhar760

As soon as it gets here on the long boat from china i plan on putting my new dle 20 on this!!! a profile sbach 342 !! green and black from sds hobby for some reason i cant post a picture of it???

http://www.sdshobby.net/new-65in-sba...or-p-5578.html

This one?

Should be fun

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Installed on a Great Planes RV4, nice fit instead of the  OS 90, gas cheaper than nitro fuel.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yes that is it!!! also got the special exaust that points down when the engine is mounted on the side!! both for $252.29 shipped to texas ems 5-12 days they said but everything that i have gotten has averaged 5 days from china!!! got the dle from tower in 3 days should have everything by the end of next weelkand maybe get to fly it before winter?????
    Founder (of nothing)
    Building a hangar 1 stick at a time!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Planeclothes
    Goldwing Extra 300LP, 65" w.s., about 8.5 lbs. dry, Xoar 17/6. I have a brand new dle 20 installed with 4 tanks of fuel burned so far, needles are still very close to stock position. The so called advance curve has been a non issue for me so far. Yes, it hesitates a little before it comes down to full low idle, but nothing that can keep me from landing safely and taxing. Only incident so far happened this morning when engine quit in flight, but fortunately I was flying fairly high at the moment with plenty of time to glide down to a perfect landing. At first I was really concerned thinking something might be wrong with the engine, possibly the ignition but then I found out I forgot to secure the switch to ignition connector and it had vibrated loose.
    Planeclothes, mind sharing who has theGoldwing Extra 300LP65" for sale? Ichecked the Goldwing RC website and didn't see the model included in their list of aircraft. Being fully aware that this thread is about the DLE20 engine Iwould appreciate an opinion on how a 15cc would perform in this model. Ihave seen the 20cc installed in a similar sized model and I feel it was over powered.

Thanks

DaleD

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://www.generalhobby.com/gold-win...ane-p-250.html

This plane comes up to about 8.5 lbs dependent on you radio gear, batteries, etc. It is designed (at least that is what the box says) for a 20cc engine. The dle 20cc is a powerhouse, more powerful than most 26cc engines I have used in the past, but to me it seems like the perfect match for this plane. I am sure a good, strong, 15cc engine will fly the plane but it might be a little marginal. You can always save some weight using lipos (I use NI MH on everything), single elevator servo ( I'm using 2), and maybe a smaller gas tank (I'm using the stock 12 oz tank). Here's a nice video of the Extra 300lp/dle 20cc combo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guC0l...layer_embedded
    Of course, I can only wish I could fly like that. Hope this helps, good luck!
    I'm only in it for the money...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When I get mine it will be going on my Hangar 9 Funtana 90.
    Pauly
    Corona RC Club

Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast