Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Excellent overseas service

Old 01-10-2011, 06:09 PM
Super08
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Excellent overseas service

I had ordered a TMM53N from Yong at Octopus RC to try out. I had been curious about the engine and wanted to try one out. I received the engine and went through it as posted in the TMM35N thread. For the first time I received a dead Rcexl ignition. When I checked the timing on the engine this morning it would not spark. First I changed plugs which still did not work so then I grabbed another Rcexl ignition I had. It worked perfectly so I then knew the problem did not lie with the sensor. Returning to the one that came with the engine I put a plug in it and hooked it up to a battery. With a meter I was showing 5.2 volts at the red and black leads that go to the hall sensor so that was good. Then I ran a jumper from the white lead to the black lead. When I removed the lead it did not spark as it should. Every time you remove the jumper it should spark. To confirm I ran the same test on my other ignition and it sparked as it should.
I sent a PM to Yong explaining the problem and inquired about sending it back for him to see and get a replacement. He quickly responded and declined me sending the bad one to him and told me he will have a new one on the way to me immediately at his expense. No questions asked. He told me to keep the old one for parts. This is a good shining example of excellent customer service many on the other overseas companies could learn from. All you ever hear is stories of bad service so I wanted to share this story of great service.
Thank you Yong. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 01-10-2011, 06:18 PM
summerwind

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Excellent overseas service

what, Tower doesn't do this?........LOL

nice to know, and yes, the overseas sellers are becoming a class act on CS.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:27 PM
jedijody
My Feedback: (1)

There is no better than Yong at Octopus RC, he is the best.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Rfabbre
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jody,

Can you point me to the thread that has your carb tuning instructions.  I can't seem to find it.

Thanx
Old 01-10-2011, 10:53 PM
jedijody
My Feedback: (1)

Gosh, which onehmmmm.......try this....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ge96807.pdf (30.2 KB, 22 views)